chapter 7

Arjun 's Pov:

I woke up late due to the long flight journey and working continuously without a break until the weekend made me exhausted. After my morning chores, I went to the living room to meet Lakshya, who is all set to go to college. Now she is an adult. I saw her when I was a kid. Now she is grown up. But she is always a little girl to me. I missed her childhood, but I promised myself that I would be there for her in every event of life. I was brought to the present when I was engulfed by a warm hug by my little sister. I can see her eyes turned moist with unshed tears. I know she missed me all these years. I became helpless because of those circumstances.

Lakshya: Hi Anna. How are you? It's been ages since we met. How are you staying there? Are you having your food properly? See how lean you are. Wait, I ll ask Latha Aunty to make something that makes you healthy. Oh my God, please help me. No one is taking care of themselves. I should do everything by myself and also take care of everyone. My house became a daycare center.

I was really enjoying her blabber. I couldn't control my laughter anymore. So I laughed out loud. Seeing me, Lakshya also joined me. We spoke about her college, medical camps, and other random stuff . Over topic got drifted to Vrinda. "Vrinda," the person whom I missed the most
I want to know more about her. But my little devil sealed her mouth. Until now, she was talking nonstop, but now, when I want to know about a person whom I missed more, she stayed mute as if someone instructed her to pause. Knowing very well that I couldn't get any information from her, I didn't try to dig more. I don't want my sister to know that I have feelings for Vrinda for two reasons.

1. She will definitely blabber something to Vrinda, which may create more distance between us. This is what I fear most.

2. My sister is no worse than a news channel. If she knows something, she can spread it like a wildfire.

I told Lakshya that I am organizing a small get-together with closed ones. I know my sister will definitely pass this message to my love. I want to meet her as soon as I come home. I had an urge to get at least a glimpse of her. I waited for 17 years so I could wait till the evening. My sister went to her college and I stayed alone. I started feeling bored after some time. So, I made up my mind to go to the backyard to try my luck if I could meet Vrinda. I know she might have left for her office, but I just wanted to try. When I went to the outhouse the door was locked. I came back home a little disappointed.

I had my breakfast and made myself engaged in watching TV. Then I had some calls and had my lunch . I had a nap due to jet lag . I started working on my laptop after going back to my room. After some time I could hear some voices coming from the living room. By the time I completed my work, it was already 8 pm. I went to the living room to greet Radha Aunty and Keerthi. When we were engrossed in our pleasantries, I was awestruck seeing Vrinda. Omg!. She is like an angel. Can someone pinch me to make me feel that I'm not dreaming. She is so beautiful. I couldn't find words that describe her. Her eyes are worth watching. A lovely oval shaped face, doe eyes, a sharp nose with bow shaped lips. Such long wavy hair. Her voice is really magical. I was in some trance by just watching her. Her voice reminds me of my attha(paternal). I was watching her each and every move. She was having a good time with Radha Aunty and Keerthi. Her baby hair is falling on her forehead which she trucked on the back of her ear. I remember once Vrinda was stubborn about having her hair cut. We went to Tirupathi for Lakshya 's tonsure. Myself, dad, and Madhav Mama had the same. When we asked Vrinda to join us, she started crying. We showed Lakshya who had her tonsure. Attha tried to convince her but it didn't work. She loves her hair. Finally we somehow convinced her to give 3- cuts(3 -kathirlu) for her hair. She was so stubborn. I fell in love with her at that instant. Whenever I questioned her why she was late to school, Attha used to complain that it's taking a long time to braid her hair. Remembering those memories I smiled at myself not bothering that a pair of eyes were staring at me. I was brought to reality when my little devil started clearing her throat. Aaah!. What an embarrassing moment. I was caught gawking at Vrinda. Now, she will not leave a chance to tease me. It's OK. I didn't want to make the situation more awkward, so I acknowledged her presence with a curt nod and walked to the dining area, making myself clear that it's time for dinner.

We were seated on a 6 seater rectangular table. I was seated on the main chair. Lakshya was sitting to my left and Govind uncle to my right. Aunty and Keerthi are seated beside Uncle and Lakshya respectively. Now Vrinda had no other option but to sit right opposite to me. It's a feast to my eyes. I can see her whenever I take my morsel of food. I thanked Lakshya and Keerthi in my mind because I can guess what was going in the mind of these two monkeys .I can see that Vrinda's face was flushed when she took her seat. I enjoyed my dinner time as I had a tasty meal and an eye feast at the same time.

Thank you.

Bye.

Take care and stay healthy.

Do comment and vote for me if you like my story.