Chapter- 15

It is the month  of January.  It's  freezing cold  early  in  the  morning.  The village  looked lively  with a festive  look. The farmers  were  waiting  for  the harvest  festival,   Makar Sankranti. The whole village  looked glorious  and  colorful, and so were the people.  Vrinda  and Arjun  celebrated  the festival  when their parents  were  alive. Later, Arjun  was sent out  of  town  for  studies, whereas Vrinda  lost interest  to celebrate with no one around.  They  felt  happy as they could  now celebrate  the  festival  with their beloved. 

Arjun, Vrinda  and  Grandma  had a pleasant  darshanam.  They  spoke with  the  villagers  for some time.  Four days went by in a jiffy  and  Arjun  was patiently  waiting  for  this day. He was planning  something  big, and he had his Grandma 's support.  He decided  to  marry  Vrinda  in the presence of the villagers  at the time when the kalyanam  took place.  

In the morning, Vrinda  was  given  mangala  snayanam. Her Grandma  applied  gorintaku  to  her  hands the other day, saying  that  it's festival  time and she wished to apply  mehandi  to  her  hands . As it is bhogi,  the day before  Sankranti,  people  wake up early  in the morning  and  have naalugu  with a head  bath.  As it was the custom  followed  by  Vrinda  since her childhood,  she didn't  get any doubt.  When she asked her Grandma  about  going to the temple,  she  gave an excuse  saying  that  the kalyanam  would be taking  place in the evening.  Arjun  kept  staring  at  Vrinda  all the time  making her a little  cautious.  Arjun  couldn't  stay at peace.  He was checking the time every hour. As if God heard  his plea,  Grandma  Vrinda  went to the temple  and Arjun  followed  them in another vehicle.  

Arjun Pov:

Today, I am getting  married to Vrinda. I am tense and  happy  at the same time. Tensed about Vrinda's reaction  to  the  marriage and  happy  because  I  am  getting  married  to  my love finally.  When she came down after getting  ready,  I was awestruck  seeing  her. She was  born  beautiful.  She needs no makeup.  She looked stunning in the blue saree. It was my mother's saree. On the first day of the temple  festival,  she looked  beautiful, but this saree suited her more. I was in my  white shirt  and  white dhoti.  I wore my father's  chain and  bracelet. I felt proud  when Vrinda  was staring  at me.  I know that I look handsome, but when my girl  kept checking  me out without  blinking, it made my day. I gestured Vrinda  to the car and told her to sit. When she was out of sight 

I took the blessing of Grandma.  She is the one who suggested this plan. 

She told me to get  married on (Godha- Ranganatha  kalyanam ), which is an auspicious  day. I liked the idea  and made the necessary  arrangements  for  our marriage.  

We reached  the temple. Vrinda  and  Grandma  are doing  the pradakshina around  the  temple.  I was looking  after the final  arrangements  for  the  kalyanam  along with mine. We went inside  the  temple  and Vrinda  was  busy  worshiping  the  idols.  The priests are performing  the kalyanam  for the idols, and here, I tied the thali  (nuptial  chain) around  her neck simultaneously.  My hand shook when I tied the thread around  her  neck, but I was  determined  to  get  married to her, and there was no second  thought. I  didn't  miss the subhamuhurtham (auspicious time) as I had a word with the priest before. The priest  gave the aarthi  and kumkum to everyone.  I decorated  her hair partition  with kumkum, marking  her as my wife. We were blessed with the sacred  rice and blessed to have a long life by the priests and the villagers.  I arranged  everything for the marriage.  Vrinda  knew nothing  about  this. I felt  bad for shocking her. I wanted to convince  her to  marry me  but I was afraid  of her denial.  So, I did  what came to my mind. When I tried  to  speak  to  Vrinda,  she was shocked and had tears in her eyes. That was the last thing I wanted to see in my life. Tears in Vrinda's eyes and me being  the  reason  for those tears. I couldn't  speak to  her  as the guilt  of  deceiving  her  was eating  me. Finally  she opened her mouth to   speak.

Vrinda: "What  is  this  bava? Why did  you  do  this? Why  did  you  marry  me?. Why  are  you  making  our  lives  more  complicated?  I  know  you  hate  me.  I  never  wanted our paths to cross. I  maintained my distance  from  you and  never  invaded your privacy.  When we are good in our own comfort zone, then what made  you  punish me  like  this?  

Do you think marriage  is  a kid's play?  It's a  holy  bond that  brings  two individuals  into a sacred  relationship for a life. When you  think  of  me  as  a sinner,  why do you wish to have a sinner in your life?  Please  don't  do this  to  us. Let's live our lives. Remove this (thali). I can't  spoil  your  life.  I lost  everyone  who  is close to me. I can be a bane in your life. Please,  I beg you.  Let me go. "

Though Vrinda  begged  Arjun to leave her, Arjun, being the  stubborn  head, was least bothered with her rolling tears . He is an arrogant  man, and his anger  reached its peak, seeing Vrinda  in tears. The thought  of  leaving  Vrinda  alone in this cruel world even after knowing that she is in danger made him unstable and restless.   

He dragged  Vrinda  by  her  wrist to a corner and spoke  through his clenched teeth. 
"Leaving  you alone.., not so soon darling, and that will never happen in this life. I didn't marry  to leave you . You are  bound to be my wife, and we are destined forever .  I know what I'm doing, and I  have the blessing of God. Keep this in your peanut brain, and don't try to  act smart. Quit your plans of escape from me because  I  am your  shadow. '' Saying this, he walked away  from  the  temple, leaving  Vrinda to process what just  happened. 

Thank you.  

Bye. Take  care.  

Stay safe  and  healthy.  

Do comment  and  vote  for  my story  if it is worthy.