Chapter-28.

Author's  Pov:

   Vrinda  made up her mind  not to trouble  her husband with her problems.  She thought  of solving  it on her own.  The next day, she tried  her  luck calling  that person  many times.  She doesn't  want  to  give up. She thought  of putting an end to her worries  about  her  family.  Even after going to the office , she tried  calling  him. As if luck was in her favor,  the call finally connected.  

She mustered  up  her  courage to  question  him what he actually  wanted  from her.

Vrinda:
    " Hello…. It's me, Vrinda. "

Unknown:
   " I know you would call me after having  a taste of my threat.  Now tell me, would you come and meet me alone.".

Vrinda:
    " I can't meet you alone. Understand  my situation.  Why are you doing this to me? What  sin did I commit  to you?. Why are you bothering  my family?. Please leave them."

Unknown:
    " It's  you who provoked me using your family's  support as your strength.  So, I just tried to weaken that support. "

Vrinda:
    " Kindly don't harm them. Why did you target my husband  and cousin? I was your objective  right. Then  you  can sabotage  me. Leave them alone.
They didn't  harm you in any way. "

Unknown:
   " I agree that I planned  the accident  on your husband, but I didn't do any harm to your cousin."

Vrinda:
   " Stop acting  as if you are innocent.  I know that it was you who arranged someone  in the college  to frighten  Lakshya.  She was locked in a dark room. You know what,  she has Nyctophobia. She lost consciousness by the time we could get her. If we were a bit late,  something  unimaginable  might have happened  to her. How could you risk someone's life putting  them in danger ?"

Unknown:
   " See, if you believe  me or not, I don't  care. But it has nothing  to  do with me in  regards to Lakshya's   incident.  I 'll never harm Lakshya.  My target is only you. But I know  that you have your husband's  backup. So, you started  questioning  me. So, I planned  that small accident on him to get you to surrender  to me. 
I think I was successful  in my plan. Because you called  me begging  to leave them. "

Vrinda:
  " Tell me what you want from me. Why are you targeting  me? "

Unknown:
   " It's very simple.  I can't stay happy seeing  you lead a happy life . I don't  want  you  to have a family.  You should  live like an orphan  and you deserve  to be an orphan. "

Vrinda:
   " Who are you to say this to me? I 'll not leave my family  in this life. "

Unknown:
    " Then be ready to face another surprise.  You are  really stubborn.  This time, it may not be just an accident.  Remember  Vrinda,  if you try to seek help from the police or anyone,  I will  not think twice  to  kill everyone  in your family.  So, think twice before  making any decision."

Vrinda :
    " No, you will not do anything  to  them. I'll do whatever  you want me to do. But remember that  I'll never backstab my family.  You can't use me for those sick games. "

Unknown:
    " Ha.ha ha… You are smart  Vrinda.  But no , you are not my Pawn. You are my target.  So, listen  carefully.  I want  you to meet me in person.  I meant no physical  harm  to you. You can trust me.".

Vrinda:
   " Do you think of me as a fool to believe  you twice? I'll not meet you. Tell me what you want from me. "

Unknown:
    " OK, it's a waste arguing  with  you. Fine. Now listen. You need to divorce your husband.  I want you to move out of their lives. You  are smart  and  intelligent  Vrinda.  Till today, you were independent, and  you lived an individual  life.  Now, I want you to do the same. "

Vrinda:
   " But, I promised  my husband  that I would  never break this marriage.  I can't do that. "

Unknown:
   " The ball is in your court, Vrinda.  The choice is yours. Either you move out of their lives or you want your whole  family  dead. Think carefully. "

Vrinda  was speechless.  Tears rolled down her eyes uncontrollably.  She couldn't  leave  her family  and at the same time, she couldn't risk their  lives. 

She doesn't  want  to  be selfish.  If she decided  to  move out of their lives, she could stay at peace knowing  they were unharmed. 

But, for a moment  she thought  of  committing  a sin. 
She can't live without  her husband.  She craved family  love all these years, and now, when she was finally  experiencing  it, she was thrown  into a situation  where  she had to decide  between  happiness  or family.

So, she thought  of putting  an end to her life by killing  herself.  But, she suddenly  realized  that  she was not alone. She had a life growing  within her. She was pregnant  with  Arjun's child. The baby resembled  their love, and she would  cherish  it whatever her situation.  So, she made up her mind to divorce  Arjun and move out from his life. 

But , she would  keep her pregnancy a secret.  She doesn't want Arjun  to claim  his rights on the child  after divorce . She feared  that she would  be left alone. She felt   choked  by just imagining  her situation. She cried  more.

Vrinda:
   " OK. I.. I'll agree to the divorce, my husband.  But you should  promise  me that you will not harm my family after you get what you want. "

Vrinda 's voice turned  hoarse out of continuous crying. She was in a difficult situation  and she couldn't depend on  anyone  for help. She cried, thinking  about  her fate.

Unknown:
    " Wow, Vrinda.   By any chance, are you  in love with your husband that you are crying  so much?? .Remember this situation , you will understand  why  I am doing this to you in the future.  As you agreed to my conditions  you can have my promise.  
I'll not harm your family. But, I want you to execute the plan of divorcing  your husband  as early  as possible.  I am giving  you  a deadline  for  3 months.  You should convince  your  husband and get  those papers signed within these 3- months.  I'll send the divorce  paper to you. I can help you with those small formalities. "

Vrinda:

 " Fine, thank you."

She cried a lot after ending  the  call. She couldn't  concentrate  on  her work. She got a headache out of continuous  crying.  So, she took permission and went back home. She needs some alone time  and to think of some way to escape  this trap.

Thank you. 

Bye. Take care.

Stay safe and  healthy. 

Do comment  and  vote for  my story if  you  feel  it  worthy.