Chapter-32.

Author's  Pov:

   Arjun  reached  home with the thoughts roaming in his mind. When he entered the living  room,  he happened  to  see Vrinda waiting  on the sofa. Her eyes were swollen  which meant she cried  for a long time. He was angry.  Not on Vrinda but on her stubbornness.  He tried to move to his room as he was tired, and he didn't want to make Vrinda sad by scolding  her. 

On the other hand, Vrinda  was  waiting  for  her  husband  to come back. He walked out of the house after having  an argument, and  she was  hell worried  about  his safety. She knew she was the reason  for that argument  but she couldn't help not worrying about him. He didn't  have his dinner  and Vrinda  knew Arjun  wouldn't  prefer to have  his dinner without his family. So, she insisted  that he have his dinner. Lakshya  came from her room at the same time and happened  to  listen  to  their conversation.  She was surprised  that her brother hindsight the dinner  date with  his wife. So, she asked him

Lakshya:

  " Annayya,  didn't  you  have your dinner till now. But I remember  you  planned a dinner date with your wife. What happened? "

She knew  nothing  about  their misunderstandings.  So, she asked him jovially.  

Arjun:

  " I don't deserve  to  have a good time with my wife. All thanks to your best friend.  Anyways, leave  it.

Lakshya, can you get a cup of coffee?  I am feeling  very tired  ma".

Vrinda:

  " But it's very late now. It's already  10 pm. Please have your dinner.  It's not good having  coffee  and sleep on an empty  stomach. "

Arjun:

  " You stay out of my business.  Stop worrying about  me and my health.  Stop acting  as if you care for me.

Lakshya  will you get me my coffee? "

Lakshya:

  " Annayya, what she said is true. Why not have something  first. I'll get your coffee  in the meantime. "

But, Arjun  gave her a look, which meant her to  shut her mouth.  She made her way to the  kitchen and made coffee  for him. Vrinda  knew that Arjun  was very angry.  He was showing  his anger  on himself  instead of on her. She can't let  him spoil his health. She tried convincing  him  once  again. 

Vrinda:

  " Bava, please  stop spoiling  your health.  If you are angry  with me, scold me, but stop hurting  yourself  like this. At least  have some curd rice.  Don't be stubborn. "

She tried  to  get hold of his wrist, but he withered  it and shouted 

Arjun:

  " I told you to mind your work. Don't you understand that . Stop acting  as if you are really  worried  about me.

And  stop crying  and go back to your room. From today I'll take the guest room.  I know you don't  like  seeing  me. I am not going  to  disturb  you  from here after. Lakshya, inform Latha aunty to prepare  breakfast and dinner from tomorrow.  I don't  want  to bother your friend  with this work. She is not a maid, and I don't want her to feel troubled  taking care of us."

Vrinda flinched at his tone  and at the same time, Lakshya  was shocked  seeing her brother's out bust. She was aware of her brother's anger issues  but he never  showed  it on her or Vrinda.  But today, he was lashing out on Vrinda.  Now, she got to know that the couple  had a serious  fight  but she is not in a place to interfere  in  their personal  matters.  She stayed calm and handed Arjun  his coffee.  After  having  it, Arjun  got back to the guest room and closed the room with a loud thud. Seeing  him like this, Vrinda  cried bitterly.  She knew she was the reason  for  his behavior. She hurt him to an extent where she couldn't  ask for his forgiveness. She was witnessing her falling  marriage. Seeing  Vrinda  broken, Lakshya  tried to console  her. She knew her limits  but she couldn't leave her friend alone. So, she thought  consoling  her meant no harm, and she spoke.

Lakshya:

  " Hey, Vrinda, stop crying.  Annayya  was stressed  with his work. You are aware  of his temper. He will become  alright when he cools down. Don't  worry. "

Vrinda:

  " No, Lakshya.  He was angry  at  me. I am responsible  for  his outburst.  But, he is hurting  himself.  I am an ill-fated  human,  who destroys everyone's peace. I should  have  died  along with my parents  in that accident. "

Lakshya:

  " Hey Vrinda.  Are you out of your mind?. What nonsense  are  you  talking about?  You are married  now  and you have a husband  who  loves you unconditionally.  In the future  you  will  have kids and will have a lovely  family.   you  craved to have all this in your life,  and when you are experiencing  it now, then why are you talking  about  death? You have everything now. You are not alone, dear. See, this is the first  time  Annayya  lashed out on you. I think he is even sorry for  his outburst.  Just give him some time. He will  be OK by tomorrow. Don't take it to your heart dear".

Vrinda:

  " I am not hurt because  he shouted at me. In fact, I deserve  more than that. Bava is bearing  my  tantrums very patiently.  He didn't  scold me but was hurting  himself.  I know he loves me to no extent.  But, I am not worth his love. I am a sinner  Lakshya. "

Vrinda  cried more. Her pregnancy  hormones are taking  a toll on her, and she is not able to control  her grief. Seeing   her  in a miserable  condition,  Lakshya  started  getting  anxious. 

Lakshya:

  " Vrinda , stop talking  nonsense.  First of all , stay calm. I should not   involve  myself  in your personal  matters  but, seeing  you  like this is making  me worried.  Tell me what actually  happened. Did my brother  bother  you  with  something? "

Vrinda:

  " No, it's me who is bothering  him. I don't  deserve  him. If he got married to someone  else other than me, he would have led a peaceful  life.  I am bane in his life.  He deserves  someone who  is worthy for  him. Lakshya  take care of your brother  in my absence.  He is a very good human  being  who cares for everyone. "

Lakshya:

  " Vrinda,  you are scaring me. What happened  to  you? Why are you  behaving  like this? ".

Vrinda:

  " I demanded a divorce  from your  brother."

Lakshya:

 " What?. Are you crazy? Vrinda  you are  behaving  strangely.  I am getting  tense  seeing  you like this. What's wrong with you?".

Vrinda:

 " There is nothing  wrong  with  me. Don't worry about me. Now I made the right  decision.  If I move out from your lives, you guys can live peacefully  without  worrying  about  me. Bava, you and Amma Amma  are always  concerned  about  me and my safety.  You guys also have a life, and I feel that I am bothering  you  people. I need to keep an end to your worries.  So, I decided  to  divorce  your  brother. "

Lakshya:

  " It's your foolishness. You  are  hurting  yourself  and  Annayya  with this decision.  Tell me the truth  Vrinda.  Is anyone threatening  you? "

Vrinda:

  " No, it's my own decision.  No one is threatening  me. "

Lakshya:

  " Hey, don't try to fool me. Tell me .Is someone bothering  you?  We can sort it out carefully. "

Lakshya  caught hold of Vrinda's wrist and spoke.

Lakshya :

  " Vrinda  tell me what..

 Vrinda,  Vrinda  you are pregn.."

Vrinda  didn't  let her complete it.  She shut her mouth  with her palm and took her to a corner.  She knew that she couldn't hide anything  now as Lakshya  caught her with her pregnancy secret. She hugged Lakshya  and  cried her heart out.

Thank you. 

Bye. Take  care. 

Stay safe  and  healthy. 

Do comment  and  vote  for  my  story  if  you  feel  it  worthy.