Chapter -10.

Arjun  woke up early  as it's a new place and a different  environment.  He knew  that  his Grandma  was an early  riser. So he made his way to the kitchen  to  meet her. While going down, he happened  to  cross Vrinda's  room. He thought  of checking  on Vrinda  with her fever. So, he knocked on her room. He called her name, but he couldn't  get  any  response.  He pushed the door a bit, and it opened.  Vrinda  is a heavy sleeper. She neither  woke up nor stirred in her sleep , even after knocking  on  pushing  the door. 

"Crazy girl. She didn't even lock her door. Doesn't  she know how to be careful?. If something  unpredictable happens  to  her  then what about  us. I should  tell her to be more vigilant . Ok, leave it. First, let me check  her temperature.  If she is still having  a fever, I'll take her to the hospital.   " He thought  in his mind. 

He touched  her forehead   and  was relieved  to  know that she was not keeping temperature.  It seems  like she took her medicine as he could  see the used medicines  strip with an empty glass of water on the side table.  He walked out of the room, closing the door behind  making sure not to disturb  her as he felt that she needed rest because  of  her fever and long journey. 

He went to the kitchen. 

Arjun: "Grandma… Good morning . How are you? It's  been a long time since I saw you."

He engulfed  her in a tight hug. He missed her, and the love he had for her(grandmother) is incomparable.  Grandma also reciprocated the hug.Even  she missed him. They stayed in each other's embrace  for some time, comforting their hearts with unknown  promises.  

Grandma : "I  am fine, Ra. How  are you?  How  about Vrinda  and Lakshya. By the way,  when did you come to India? And what's with this sudden  visit.?. Is everything  alright.?."

Arjun: "Abba… Grandma  don't  panic. Everyone is fine. I want  to  come back because  I missed you people  a lot. I didn't inform you of my plan  as I wanted to surprise  you.  Now  relax ok. Everything  is  going  well. "

Grandma: "You could  have  informed  me  earlier so that I would  have  made the necessary  arrangements  for your stay. Ok. Leave it. I'll ask someone to tidy your room. Do you want some coffee?".

Arjun:"Why bother?. My room is fine. I asked Raghavadu  to have  someone clean it, and yes, I want to have a strong coffee. " 

Grandma: "Hmmm…. Are you alone, or did Vrinda  and Lakshya  come along  with  you?". 

Arjun: "Yes, you are right  Grandma.  I came with a company.  I came with Vrinda.  Lakshya  is having medical  camps  and  some presentations. So , she couldn't come with us . What are you soaking in that vessel ?".

Grandma: "I am  soaking green moongdal and rice for pesaraattu(moongdal dosa famous  in Andhra  pradesh). It's for breakfast. "

Arjun: "Wow, you still  remember  my favorites.  It's been  ages  since  I  had pesaraattu- upma.  You are so nice to me Grandma".  

Grandma:" Silly fellow. How can I forget my children like and dislikes. Not only you, even Vrinda  likes pesaraattu- upma. By the way, what's the  time  now?. Why  didn't Vrinda  wake up ?. What's with this indiscipline  attitude of her's. Doesn't  she  have any healthy  habits.  As there is no elderly  person  to guide her, she is behaving however she wants. You wait here. I ll go and wake her up. "

Arjun: "Grandma… wait she is not keeping  well. She  had had a fever  for the last few days. Let her rest. Don't disturb  her. "

Grandma: "Fever aa… when did she get that. Why didn't  you  tell me earlier.  Let's take her to the hospital.  How can be so careless by making  her travel  so long. That to in a car. Poor soul she suffered  so much.." 

Arjun: "Abba …. Grandma  you are an Oscar  winner.  Just not you are shouting  on top of your voice for her indiscipline  attitude  but now when you know  that she is unwell you are showing  you concern.  What a drama  queen  you are?". 

Grandma: "Stop it, ra. I m genuinely  worried  about  her. Don't make me more tense. How is she. Shall we take her to the hospital? " 

Arjun:" No need.. her temperature  got down.  She took her medicine  I think. Let her rest for some more time. Don't taunt her." 

Grandma:  "From when did you start concerning  her Arjun. Here is your coffee.  Now tell me, what is going on?."( with teasing smile ).

Arjun: "Don't write  your own script. There is nothing  going on. It's just a concern  that you have for a fellow  human.  Don't  think  so much. "

Grandma: "Alright, I will not push you more. Anyways, you have to confess  me sooner or later. "

To which Arjun  rolled his eyes and started having his coffee as he knew that he couldn't hide anything  from  his  grandmother.  She can read him like an open book. 

Grandma:" Rey …Arjun  why did you come to India  all a sudden  without  any  prior  information.  Anything  important?. "

Arjun: "Yes, Grandma.  I want to restart  our business  which dad stopped  midway. For that, I have to check  with  dad's  business  documents and other  confidential  papers. Do you  have any idea of  those papers . "

Grandma: "Aaa yes ra.. after your parents  death , Govind  bought a big folder  containing  those confidential  documents . He said that he  had arranged  a lawyer  and got them checked.  He told me to keep them  safe. I didn't  check  with those documents  as I was not in my right mind at that time. Till today, we didn't  restart  the  business .  So, those papers are untouched . But I asked someone  to keep them safe in your  father's  room. It's there in the cupboard  safe. You can check  it. " 

Arjun : "I'll check  it in some  time, Grandma.  What else tell me?. How is life". 

Grandma : " What's there in my  life. I lost everyone.  My children  left their  children  to my responsibility.  If  you  people  get married  and stay  settled in  life ,then I can die peacefully?."

Arjun: "Why do you want to die ?. Don't  you want to see your great grand children ". ?.

Grandma: " Really ?. Are  you  seeing  someone. Do you have  the pic of the  girl you are seeing.   "

Arjun: " Wait, Grandma.. I was just pulling  your leg. I 'm not seeing  anyone. "

Grandma: "Then  can I look for a prospective  bride  for you Arjun ".

Arjun: "Grandma  I'll tell you when the time comes.  Until then, please  be patient. "

Grandma: " OK. Arjun  are you restarting your Father's  jewelry  business ."

Arjun: " No, Grandma.  I m restarting  the  construction  business. I m not interested  in that jewelry  business. "

Grandma: "Arjun , I wish you rethink  your decision  ones again.  I'll not trouble  you with my opinion. Your happiness  is what I want ra."

Arjun: " As of now, I don't  have so much  funds, Grandma.  Whatever I earned in the US  I invested half in the construction.  So, if I start the jewelry  then  we will have to face many financial  problems  due to insufficient  funds. So let's think of jewelry  business  later. "

When they were in their  conversation,  they could  hear the jingling of the anklets. Vrinda  came back all freshness up. She was looking  better  as she recovered  from  the  fever. Arjun gave her a slight nod and departed to his father's  room, and  got  into the work. 

Thank you. 

Bye. Take  care.  

Stay  safe  and  healthy.  

Do comment  and  vote  for  my  story  if  you  feel  it's  worthy.