Chapter- 26

Author's Pov:

Ramesh  and  Arjun leisurely continued their  conversation.  Ramesh  continued 

Ramesh:
       " Arjun,  for how long are you planning  your  stay  in  India?"

Arjun:

      " I came here for a permanent  stay, uncle.  I am planning  to restart  our construction  firm. I am working presently. "

Ramesh :

     " So,  you planned everything. That's very nice to  hear. Arjun,  if you need any kind of financial  or monetary  assistance, don't  hesitate  to  ask  me.  I am a phone call away. " 

Arjun smiled at him and spoke politely. 

Arjun:

     " I know, uncle. But I am managing everything.  Anyway,  thanks for your words. "

Ramesh:

      " Nah… no mention.  I am so happy for your growth.  If only your  father  had been among  us, he would  have felt  very proud  of you.

 That construction  firm  was Surya 's dream.  He aspired for its success. It all started  well, but the tragedy  happened  when he was just a few steps away to witness its success.

I hope seeing  you  successfully  in that field may give his soul that satisfaction. "

Arjun:

     " That firm was not only Nanna 's hard work  uncle but also Madhav  mavayya 's long haul. They worked an uphill battle  together.  They didn't  achieve  anything  overnight.

No worries, uncle,  I am there  to fulfill their dream. "

Ramesh:

     " Ya. You are right.  Madhav was a nice man. 

By the way, Arjun,  when  were you going to settle down  in  your life? Now you are at the right age of marriage.  Are you looking for someone? "

Arjun  smiled at him but replied. 

Arjun:

    " I am already  married,  uncle. I am sorry that I didn't  inform  you  people  earlier.  It all happened  in  a hurry."

Ramesh :

     " Oh!. Where did you get married? In the States.?. You know what, I thought of asking your  hand for  my daughter.  

She wasn't lucky enough to have you as her husband . Let me be frank with  you. You are the perfect  guy in my mind for my daughter. "

Arjun:

    " I am really sorry  for  disappointing you, uncle. But, I never thought  of  Sruthi  in that way. So, even  if you would  have asked  me  earlier,  I might haven't accepted it. "

Ramesh:

   " Hey, that's  alright.  No hard feelings.  We can't  change  fate. So, that's  alright.  By the way, who is that lucky  girl? ".

Arjun:

   " I got married to an Indian  girl  uncle. You guys  are  familiar  with  her. I'll surely  introduce  you to her in a few days. "

Ramesh:

   " So, you are keeping  it a surprise.  Fine then. By the way, does your Grandma  know about  your marriage ? ".

Arjun:

    " Ya. She knew it. In fact, I got married  with her  inclination. I have her blessings,  uncle. "

Ramesh:

    " That's good  to  hear , Arjun.  Her opinion  matters. After all, she was the head of your family. "

At the same  time,  Aparna  came to the living room with some snacks and juice. She was busy preparing lunch.

Aparna:

    " Arjun,  here. Have this juice first. I'll arrange lunch in 30 minutes.  Until  then, continue  chatting  with  your uncle. "

But Arjun  politely  declined the offer

Arjun:

    " No, Aunty,  I have a meeting  in the afternoon.  I need to go.  I'll have this juice and take my leave. 

By the way, these  snacks  are  tasty (he munched some of them while chatting with her).

Aparna:
   " Hey, wait. Don't  go without having  lunch . It's almost done. "

Arjun:

   " No, Aunty,  please  understand.  I need to go. Let's  catch  up  for lunch  some  other time. " 

Ramesh: 

  " Aparna. .. it's OK. Let him go. He said he would introduce his wife to us soon. So, let's plan lunch  or dinner then. "

Aparna  was surprised to know that  Arjun  got married.  So, she asked him out of curiosity 

Aparna:

   " When did you get married  Arjun.  By the way, I am  so happy  for  you.  Who was that lucky girl?".

She was happy  to  know  that  Arjun  got settled  in life. She always wished  for his well-being. 

Arjun:

   " I'll introduce  her to you, Aunty. Let's meet soon."

Aparna:

 " I wish you  a very happy  married  life  Arjun.  Stay blessed  always. "

Saying  this  she kissed him on his forehead. 

Arjun felt  overwhelmed with emotions. He felt  happy for this innocent soul who was wishing his well-being.  He was happy  to know  that  his well wisher  loved him so much, though  he wasn't  able to spend   quality time with them. He felt blessed to have these people in his life.  

At the same time, he felt  guilty  for  hiding his wife's name when his aunt and uncle asked him  about her details.  

When Arjun made his way to the exit, Aparna walked  him out. She caught hold of his wrist and spoke in a pleading  voice.

Aparna:

    " Arjun , take care of Vrinda.  She is your responsibility.  I know you are married  now, but remember  that   you are obliged to take care of Lakshya  and  Vrinda  until they get married.  

 Please  be cautious  always and don't  trust anyone.  Not even your own shadow. "

Saying this, she went inside. Arjun  was perplexed with her words. He could not  understand  why his aunt warned him. 

He let it go as he thought  that his aunt must be overthinking about his wife's mentality. 

He made his way towards his destination. 

Thank you. 

Bye. Take  care. 

Stay safe  and  healthy. 

Do comment  and  vote  for  my  story  if  you  feel  it  worthy.