Uno

December 2022

"Ale!" Charles Leclerc shouted from the other side of the wall, "Are you ready?!"

"Jesus christ, remind me to never let you stay over again!" Alessandra Ferrari shouted back as she put on the last earring, a smile making its way on her face as she gave herself one last look in the mirror, sliding her hands on the sides of her black gown with red under tones. "You better be ready yourself!"

"I'm always ready, mon ange," Charles replied as he strode into her room, stopping behind her as he made sure his Armani tie was done properly in the mirror. "You better be sitting down when I get the vice champion award, or you're gonna have the attention all on you looking like that!" The Italian chuckled, turning to face him, her hands on his chest as she adjusted his blazer collar, tapping her palm against the Ferrari logo sat right above his heart.

"You look like you know how to dress, for once," she said, earning a scoff from the Monegasque, "now come on, let's head out!" Charles nodded, extending his elbow, which she placed her hand around, and the two left her room, making their way downstairs and left her house. She thanked Charles after opening the passenger door to his Ferrari 488 Pista Spider, arranging her dress around her feet as he got in the driver seat. The roar of the engine made her smile as he pulled out of her driveway, making their way to Bologna.

"Jokes aside," Charles started whilst Alessandra scrolled through her playlist to pick the music for the drive, "you look really beautiful."

"Grazie, tesoro," she replied, turning her head to give him a smile even though he was looking at the road, "as much as I'm excited to see you get that award, I'm looking forward for the after party!"

"Me too," he chuckled, "I'm not looking forward to have social media make me look depressed because I'm single and have no date for the awards, though."

"Which is why I'm going to stick by your side through it all," she said, her eyes admiring the moon that was shining on them as they drove on the autostrada. "You'll be getting all the attention because of how hot you're going to look getting that award!"

"I think that attention's going to be on you," he said, turning his head at her for a moment to raise his eyebrow at her, "Toto's gonna get his brains blown when he sees you."

"Shut the fuck up," she laughed, rolling her eyes at him, which he laughed at, "He may be handsome, but seeing him so pissed weekend in weekend out fuels me with content. It's all he gets from me."

"Sure," he said, sarcasm rolling off his tongue, "keep telling yourself that." Alessandra didn't reply, she just kept staring ahead. The thought of the Austrian getting riled up as he watched how improved Ferrari were during the 2022 season made her smile, although the reminder that his big mouth lead to the FIA releasing a new TD which decreased the car's improvement gave her mouth a sour taste. But she worked with the team to make sure that the TD did not ruin them for the upcoming season, and she was looking forward to watch him angry as he watched the red cars drive past his.

Charles stopped the car in front of the building where the event's being held. The sound of camera clicks and flashes blinding their sights greeted them as they got out of the car, making her way to the Monegasque who was handing his key to the Valet, grabbing onto his arm once more before walking inside.

Alessandra didn't hate the prize giving gala, it was one of the few opportunities she had throughout the year where she can dress up. She knew that she was beautiful, and a beautiful dress like the one she had on would make heads turn, and it only boosted her confidence. She separated from Charles, the two a few feet apart as they posed solo to the crowd of photographers in front of them. She heard the complements being thrown at her as she gave another pose, her lips pouted in a smile. She then stood next to Charles, the two posing together before Mia dragged them to the Sky interviewers.