Quattro

The past three days have been brutal for Alessandra in terms of workload and pressure, but she was handling it well. No one could tell that she was stressing out over the performance of her team's car and that of the rivals. She spent every minute of every session on the pit wall with her colleagues, analysing every piece of data appearing on the screen, seeing the improvements that have been made from last year, and taking note of what needs improvement. The car had good pace, which Alessandra was pleased about, but the Red Bull was faster, with the Mercedes close behind the two, and she took note of every single thing, ready to talk with the team in Maranello about how the car can be improved before the first race.

When she wasn't on the pit wall, she was in her office, having endless video calls with all the departments within the team, telling them what her and the team in Bahrain gathered from the data, and explained to them what elements of the car needed improvement. She and the team knew that even though testing was supposed to give the teams an indication of where they and the competition are in terms of performance, Bahrain wasn't the ideal track to confirm that. They knew that things would change throughout the season, but right now they had to work with what they had, wanting to start off the season with a good race, even though she and the rest of the team knew that the Bull's pace was much better than that of the Ferrari, but the season's long, and the championship isn't won in the first race.

Alessandra let out a loud sigh of relief when she closed her macbook after finishing the last meeting of the day on Saturday evening, three hours after the last testing session was done. She was ready to go back to her hotel and sleep, but then she remembered that she had the team principal dinner, which made her let out a groan. She looked at her watch, seeing that she had two hours until she needed to be at the restaurant, quickly collecting her stuff and made her way out of the office, locking it and said bye to the team members she passed by as she got out of the motor home. She jogged down the paddock, unlocking her car and threw her bag in the passenger seat when she got in, bringing the engine to life and drove out of the parking lot.

The sound of her ringtone blasted through the sound system of her car, pressing the screen next to the steering wheel to answer the call after she saw the name of the caller. "What's up, Charles?"

"Hey!" He beamed, making her chuckle at his enthusiasm, "I wanted to ask if you wanna join us for a quick pre drinking before the din- Wait, where are you? I can hear your car."

"I'm heading to the hotel now," she answered, "I'll let you know if I can make it. I'm having only one shot though, I can't go to my first team principal dinner drunk!"

"Did you leave the circuit now?!" He screeched, the high pichness of his voice stinging her ears, "Ale, we have been done for almost three hours and you've left now?!"

"I had meetings with the team back in Maranello," she shrugged, "trust me, I wish I left when you guys did so I could get a nap in before the dinner. But I needed to sort some stuff out for next week!"

"Ale, we appreciate how much you're doing to make sure we can compete for the championship," he sighed, "but please don't over do it. The first race starts next week, we have 23 races. I know you very well and if you keep working like this, you're gonna burn yourself out early in the season."

"I know, I know," she muttered, turning a right corner into the hotel area, "I'll try not to over do it, but there are so many factors that need to be considered. I have to prove to everyone that I am worthy of being Team Principal and can lead you guys to the top!"

"I promise you, you have nothing to prove," Charles said, "are you at the hotel?"

"Yup, just pulling up now," she answered, killing the engine in front of the main door. She grabbed her bag and got out of the car, phone against her ear as she handed the key to the Valet before entering the building, "I'll see you in a bit. And again, just one shot for me. I'll leave the rest of the drinking for the club!"