Tredici

Alessandra was buzzing when she woke up early Thursday morning. She turned her head towards her balcony, where the rays of sun were coming through, illuminating her room. It was a beautiful day in Italy, and she was ecstatic that her home race weekend was starting great. She pushed the white sheets off her body, kicking her feet over the edge of the bed, stretching her arms over her head as she stood up, stretching her body before she opened the balcony doors, stepping out and taking in the mixture of the warm sun and the cool breeze on her face.

She grabbed her reading glasses from the bedside table, slipping them over her faee as she made her way downstairs, thinking of ways to start her day before driving to Imola. The house was quiet, glancing at the clock seeing that it was still 6am, so she wasn't surprised that Charles and Mick were still sound asleep. She opened the fridge, taking a bottle one of the smoothies she made the night before, drinking it as she made her way back upstairs to her room. When she finished it, she took out a pair of black leggings, matching sports bra and a cropped t-shirt, changing into them and slid on a pair of runners before grabbing a water bottle, put her airpods max over her ears and made her way out of the house.

Maranello was quiet, barely anyone in sight as the team principal ran through the town. She enjoyed having some peace and quiet, only the music being her companion as she ran for over 30 minutes. She then slowed down when she arrived at the park, the same park her and Toto stopped at to eat their pizza. She walked past the sign that said 'Parco Enzo Ferrari' as she made her way to the bench in the area far away from the main entrance. She sat down, letting out a sigh as her hands started shaking on her lap. She focused on her breathing, looking up at the sky, a single tear rolling down her cheek as she slowly calmed her rapid heart rate.

"I hope I make you proud at home, nonno," she mumbled, "give me the strength to push the team where we need to be."

A few moments later she stood up, and ran the route back home. It was almost 7am when she entered her home, kicking off her sneakers before walking through the hallway, the house still quite like she left it. She decided to do her daily work out routine in her backyard, then do a few laps in her pool, so she went back up in her room, changing into a bikini and put on a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt, grabbed a towel and a yoga mat and went down to her backyard.

She was swimming in her pool after doing her daily stretching - which consisted of gymnastics conditioning, something she does everyday to keep her flexibility as she doesn't train gymnastics as often as she'd like - diving under the water a few times, enjoying the coolness surrounding her body as she stayed underwater. When she rose for air, a smile made its way on her face when she found Charles sitting down on one of the pool loungers, a wide smile on his face.

"Morning Carletto," she beamed as she swam to the edge of the pool, resting her arms right in front of him on the edge, "is Mick awake?"

"I think he's awake," the Monegasque shrugged, "I heard him answering his phone."

"He's probably talking to Gina," she said, "I know she has a show jumping competition sometime this week."

"Have you been awake long?" He asked, leaning forward as he rested his elbows on his thighs.

"If it's well over 6 am then yes," she chuckled, "are you gonna come swim?"

"Sure," he smiled, grabbing the hem of his t-shirt, "why not?" He then pulled his shirt over his head, threw it on the lounger and jumped in.