Diciannove

When the Summer break started, Stefano Domenicali had this brilliant idea on having a mid-summer ball, inviting the team principals, drivers, and other prestigious people of the sport to be a part of it. When they got the invite, Alessandra, Max, Charles, Mick and Carlos, who were hanging out in Monaco at Max's house for a Fifa and take out night,  bursted out laughing, not able to understand what went through the mind of the CEO of Formula One for him to want to gather all the drivers, team principals and other important people within the sport when they were supposed to be taking a break from the sport in the first place. They knew that Stefano was a man of crazy, and sometimes, questionable ideas, especially when it comes to the sport. But for them this ball had to be the craziest, and weirdest thing he could come up with, yet.

The group were hoping that the ball would be in a nice location, and when the invites came out and saw that it was being held in Venice, Alessandra couldn't help and get excited, especially when she read that it was a mask themed ball. She loved the art of masquerade, and she couldn't stop envisioning the idea of channeling her inner phantom of the opera love for her outfit. And having the ball in Venice, the city with rich history and beauty in regards of masquerades, she was about to live a childhood dream of attending a ball in Venice. She was looking forward to show her friends around the city, let her cultural side come out and explain to them about the extravagance and wonders the ancient city offered.

When she wasn't travelling somewhere with her friends, or working at the factory, she had dedicated a lot of her time designing and working on the dress for the ball with a local seamstress who had designed some of her dresses and suits for special occasions, along with the Ferrari luxury designers. She went to endless consults, choosing the perfect fabric, calculating the perfect amount of petticoat she wanted under her dress, creating the style and design she desired. She also got some input from the guys, who were quick to give her their honest opinions and comments when she needed them, but they didn't have any bad thing to say, they were amazed by what she was creating. And a couple of days ago, she had her last fitting, and she fell in love with the final result of the masterpiece her and her talented team created, and she could not wait for the ball the arrive.

Alessandra had invited her friends to stay with her in Maranello before they head to Venice, deciding to take a two hour road trip to their destination. Max had been to Maranello a few of times, especially this year after Imola and when they went to Turin, but every time he would have to roam around incognito, which is always funny to Alessandra, having to sneak him out her home town, because imagine the chaos if he was seen in his rival's city. Isa and Kelly were also coming to the ball, but they decided to fly straight to Venice, wanting to explore the city before the ball, so they promised to meet up there.

It was late in the afternoon, and the five of them were sat on the lounge chairs around her pool, soaking up some Italian sun and the cool water in the middle of the large piece of land behind the home belonging to the team principal. They had arrived to Maranello from Monaco, Spain and Germany the day before, resting from their short flights and were roaming around Maranello in the very early hours of the morning, whilst the town was still asleep. Alessandra had her headphones in, listening to the soundtrack of Phantom of the Opera, becoming a bit obsessed with it after seeing it live in London a few weeks ago. She couldn't explain it, but something flipped inside of her whenever Phantom of the Opera, or especially Point of No Return played on her phone. She felt alive, powerful, a fire burning in her, like she was in her own fantasy.

That feeling was long gone when someone pulled one of her airpods out, bringing the song to a holt. She let out a groan as she turned her head in the direction of the person disturbing her listening session, finding the  Dutch world champion smiling sheepishly at her when he saw the look she gave him. "What do you want Massimiliano?" She asked as she lowered her glasses to the tip of her nose, raising an eyebrow at him.