Ventinove

Meetings are probably the least favourite part of Alessandra's job, at least meeting which the team's board, and unfortunately, she had to endure a few days of those meetings. But she knew how important those meetings were, they were going to finalise the last tweaks regarding her new driver, finally completing the driver line up for 2024, and as much as she did not enjoy the meetings she had, she was looking forward to the start of a new chapter within the team.

The first two days were brutal for Alessandra, and the workaholic she doesn't admit she is, even though the meetings took so much of her time and energy, instead of going home to rest and rewind for the next meetings, she stayed on the premises. She went to the factory to see the final phase of the the 2024 car, visiting every worker who were on the night shift, chatted with them and went through the data, comparing them with data the drivers and the team collected during the 2023 season. As much as she was tired, she loved everything that involved the creation of a Formula 1 car, it was why she became an engineer in the first place.

She stood to the side as she watched the team work so hard, not believing that she was the one who has been  overlooking the whole development ever since the team started working on the 2024 car. When she was Chief Engineer, she never had the final say on the developments from her department, always having to get the approval from Mattia or whoever was overlooking the developments and reported to Mattia. But now, it was her her that heads of every department came to for advice or approval, and it made her feel proud, but also humbling at how stressful the pressure she had on her made her feel. As she stared at the parts being assembled, she was in disbelief that the season was starting in a few weeks, and that her and her drivers will be unveiling the new car to the world soon.

On the morning of the third day of meetings, Alessandra heard whispers echoing through her room when she fluttered her eyes open, which quickly confused her as she knew that she was home alone, or at least she thought she was until now. When she heard the voices become clearer, her eyes opened wide, turning her head around, finding her two best friends standing over her bed with sheepish grins.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" She asked, her voice groggy as she grabbed the bottle from her nightstand, taking a good gulp of water to clear her throat.

"Ah yes Alessandra," Charles started, his voice laced with playful sarcasm as he crossed his arms over his chest, "we missed you too, so glad to see you again!"

"Love the enthusiasm you have for us Ale," Mick dramatically said, placing his hand on his chest, "appreciate it, truly!"

"Oh shut up you idiots," she chuckled as she pushed the sheets over her body, slowly getting out of bed as she slid on her reading glasses. She walked close to the boys, giving them a tight hug each, "how come you guys didn't tell me that you were coming over?"

"I mean to be honest, I was supposed to come in a few days to do some sim training," Mick said as him and Charles followed Alessandra as she went in the bathroom, "but someone told us that you're the first one to arrived at the factory and the last one to leave."

"Don't you have long ass meetings?" Charles asked as he leaned against the door frame, "why are you staying at the factory until almost dawn?"

"Jesus you've been updated well it seems," she retorted, rolling her eyes as she took out her skincare products, "is that why you came here? To babysit me, your boss?"

"We're not here to babysit," Mick quickly replied, "we're here to keep you company for a bit!"

"And maybe make sure that you're getting enough sleep so you won't end up burn out," Charles answered, walking towards the woman leaning against the sink, wiping her face. She let out a sigh when she felt his hands on her shoulders, gently massaging the muscles, but as much as she enjoyed the relaxing feeling as her best friend pushed trough the tension, she was wishing that another particular set of hands were on her. "Ale, we cannot have you burnt out before the season's started. We won't have a chance at the championship if that happens!"