Quarantasette

Once again dedicating this chapter to my best friend Frankie, and officially introducing her character in this story! I'm so excited for her proper appearance in it, and honestly it was so fun to write this chapter! So, enjoy! <3 

Summer break was still in full swing, and Alessandra could easily say this was one of the wildest summers she's ever had. The couple vacations she's been on were a blast, enjoying the time she's spent with her friends, but never in a million years would she have thought that she'd spent a part of her summer sneaking around to see her rival. Her old self wouldn't have allowed such a thing, but she didn't care now, she felt a way she never felt before whenever she was around Toto, made her feel ways she never thought was possible when they were a tangled mess in one of their beds. She knew that what she was doing was risky, but she loved the thrill of it, and she knew that it would never interrupt all she's worked for.

Alessandra was in Italy once again, returning from Monaco after her vacation in Sardegna, having spent the night at Toto's apartment to get her bikini back. She was spending days training in the simulator for the race that was approaching, whilst also working with the team in Fiorano whenever she did training laps and working on her team's car for the upcoming races. She was working and training double the time to make sure that they were entering the second half strong, and to give Toto, who had more experience racing actual cars under his belt than she did, a run for his money in her own little race. And in the midst of all the training, and all the work, she was taking her father to his appointments, and having started a new treatment, she was watching him suffer, and she was suffering with him in the process.

After a whole week of bouncing between her work, training and her father, Alessandra felt that she deserved another good break, and it was perfect timing when Marco Bezzecchi called her up to ask if she was in Italy and wanted to meet up with him, Frankie and Valentino at the ranch. She was quick to accepted the offer, the thought of being back on the bikes at the ranch sent an adrenaline rush through her. And as she did, she thought about bringing Toto along, wanting to show him a part of her she talked about a few times with him.

She thought of a way to bring him around, without arousing suspicion about their situation, and even though there was a risk that someone could realise that they were somewhat involved, Toto was quick to say yes to come to Italy and join Alessandra at the ranch when she called him, and on the other side of the line, Toto was really flattered with her invitation, and he was excited to have another layer of her become unveiled.

She then called Valentino, asking him if she could bring a friend along. Valentino did tell her yes to invite her friend, but he did ask who that friend was, because he knew Alessandra, and he knew that if the friend she was referring to was one of her driver friends, she would have been more front with it, but he heard her hesitation.

When she told him who that friend was, the Motogp legend was surprised, especially when she asked him that if someone asked, he was the one who invited Toto as they could potentially be working on a project with Monster.

"Okay Ale, I will," Valentino laughed as he agreed to his friend's demands, "though, if you don't mind me asking, is there something I should know about you and Toto?"

"Oh Vale," Alessandra said, letting out a nervous chuckle, "what makes you say that?"

"Well, the secrecy for one thing," he replied, "you know I won't judge, and I will gladly play along, but you know you're like a little sister to me, and I just want to make sure that everything's okay!"

"Yeah, everything's more than okay," she smiled. She knew that he had a hunch, and she wanted to tell Vale, because he was one of the people she truly trusted and always went to advice for ever since she was a little girl, "I can't say anything, at least for now."