Diciotto

Quick Author's Note: a lil bit of smut in the middle of the chapter ahh ;)

The Ferrari team principal was more than pleased that her team finished the first half of the season leading both championships. When she took the role as a team principal, she did not set leading the championships at least by Sumer break as a goal, as she wanted to be realistic, even though her tifosa heart always somehow believed that the team can win, like she believed every year.

However, she knew that this lead was artificial, as the gaps are small and the second half of the season will be brutal, and each race matters even more than they did in the beginning. The gap between Ferrari and Red bull was that of 10 points, and Mercedes was right behind Red Bull with a 3 point gap, so when they return to racing in Spa, she's awaiting a tight battle. And Charles is leading the driver's championship by 15 points ahead of Max, with Carlos and Lewis on equal points behind the Dutch driver, but their gap to him is 40 points, which isn't a big gap, but for now, the main battle for the top is between Charles and Max.

Back when she was an engineer, she would spend a good part of the summer break travelling with her friends, taking the time off she deserved. She is planning on doing the same thing, but she has way more responsibilities than when she was chief engineer, so she knew that she had to spend time working as well. And summer break is crucial, because apart from focusing on the next phases of the car development, and overseeing the new developments for the 2024 car, she also had to focus on another thing, which for her was the hardest part of the job, especially with the close relationship she has with her drivers.

The contract negotiations.

If Alessandra could, she would give her drivers a contract which lasted for eternity, so she could keep them with her and succeed with them for as long as they drive, and she stays team principal. But she knew very well that it does not work that way, and she had to be professional more than ever in her decisions. And she also had to consider her options outside of her two drivers, and if her drivers wanted to go for a new venture and join another team.

It was one of the most stressful parts of her jobs, and she wished that she could just get it over and done with, or just avoid it, but she knew she couldn't. She had plans on what she wanted to do, she hoped that Charles would accept a contract extension, she hoped that she could find Mick a seat for 2024 because she knew how good of a driver he was, and his work in the simulator has been a big asset in the development area and helping the drivers. She also wanted to keep Carlos, she's grown fond of him as a person, but she wanted to see if there were other good options.

Especially since Mercedes has not renewed Lewis's contract yet.

One of the modern what ifs in Formula 1 has been what if Lewis drove for Ferrari. He's had great success with Mercedes, but there's nothing more that makes you even more at the top than driving for Ferrari, even if you don't win with them. And everyone wonders about Lewis in red, and Alessandra would lie if she said she didn't consider bringing the 7 time world champion to the Italian side, even if it is for a year.

However, she was going to leave that for the days in the summer break which were going to be dedicated solely for work, and now, she was going to take the break she truly deserved.

"Ale!" Mick shouted from upstairs, hearing him rush down the stairs, his footsteps echoing through the house, "I'm ready to go whenever you are!"

"I'm just packing some snacks for the road," Alessandra replied as she threw in the snacks and drinks in a duffle bag, zipping it up and then throwing it over her shoulder. "Let's go!"

The two made their way down to the underground carpark, jumping in the Purosangue before the Italian made her way out of her property, and out of her hometown. Mick was choosing the songs as she drove, glancing at the GPS every now and then even though the knew the route on the back of her hand.