Trentanove

Dedicating this chapter to my best friend and soul sister Frankie, who left an impact on my life in such a short time. The universe got us to be friends, and that universe is Marco Bezzecchi <3

If Toto thought that Alessandra was ignoring him during the Monaco grand prix weekend, he was not ready for the cold shoulder and the avoidance he was going to receive from the Ferrari team principal during the Canadian grand prix weekend. And he knew very well that it was his own damn fault for the stunt he pulled in the club after Ferrari's victory in Monaco.

He had regretted not going after her that night from the morning after the partying, when he woke up hungover with a half naked French woman in her hotel room. He was beating himself from the moment he opened his eyes, because he wanted nothing more for him to wake up in his bed, with Alessandra's body against his. He almost felt disgusted, and it was that moment he knew that not even a beautiful woman like Lucinda could be the distraction he needed to keep his thoughts away from his arch rival.

He ended whatever he had going on with Lucinda a couple of days after that night, because frankly, he didn't even know what it was apart from the few private dinners here and there and the occasional hook ups. He kept seeing Alessandra's dreading face at the club flashing in front of him, haunting him every time he closed his eyes, and he was feeling guilty for being the one to make her feel that way, regretting the moment he stayed at the entrance of the club and watching her run away from him, instead of running after her. He was even considering apologising to her for everything, including the fight they had 6 months ago, but his ego was still to proud, and he still believed that he was in the right and she was the one who wronged him.

However, when they were in Canada, he had hoped that he'd get the chance to talk to her, have a decent conversation, but he didn't even get a single glance, not even during the press conference, where she made sure that Mekies, the Alpha Tauri team principal and her former colleague sat between the two. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, but when he entered the press conference room and saw her sat at the edge of the sofa, with Laurent in the middle, he felt his heart break for the first time in years. He hadn't felt it in so long that he barely realised what he was feeling, but he looked at Alessandra, and he remembered when he caught Susie cheating, and that was how he realised that it was heartbreak.

It was another weekend of avoidance from Alessandra, but this time, it was even colder and harsher, because when they were forced to stand next to each other, her aura sent shivers down his spine, and her eyes were so cold, he was sure he was about to be turned into stone. She didn't even wish him luck, not even after the national anthem, turning on her heel and walking away before he could even utter out a word, leaving him in her dust with his mouth open slightly.

It was a dominant weekend for Red Bull, with neither Toto or Alessandra were standing on the podium, but between the Maranello based team and the one in Brackley, it was Ferrari who received a better result, giving them a better edge for the constructors. The result put him in a foul mood, knowing that Ferrari were on top of Mercedes for another weekend, a weekend where he hoped Mercedes would perform, and he knew with only a few races left before the summer break, and the aim to turn things around and bring back Mercedes to the top of the constructors. This meant endless nights at the factory for the Austrian, barely leaving the factory unless he had to, and it was a draining process which he knew had to be done.

He now hopes that Le Mans will be the rest that he needs after those long nights and early mornings, and his mind torturing him with guilt.

Alessandra being somewhere in the North of France in June meant one thing, and that was one of her favourite weekends in all of motorsport weekends. She was attending one of her favourite races, one she got to be a spectator for and enjoy the endless hours of thrill and excitement, the chaos and unpredictability. The weekend where she's awake for well over 24 hours, leaving the country sleep deprived but still as happy as she could be.