Trentuno

Alessandra had thought she had seen the team at its absolute high when they were celebrating in Abu Dhabi after winning the double championships at the very end of the season. But when she saw the excitement and joy in their eyes when she, Charles and Carlos unveiled the trophies at the centre of the Fiorano track in front of the whole team in Gestione Sportiva. Alessandra's heart was bursting with happiness, especially when she reminisced about her first public moment as a team principal, at the very same place they were celebrating their big victory.

"It's hard to believe that 10 months ago, I was announced as the team's new team principal right here at Fiorano, with a dream to work together and be the best we can be," Alessandra was stood on the stage, with her drivers by her side, a microphone in her hand as she glanced at every single person who looked up at her with the widest grins, "those who know me know I set real expectations, and I had never put winning both championships as the main expectation, and that was mainly because of the big changes happening within the team. We knew this season would be difficult, but we made the impossible possible, and you have no idea how proud I am of each and every one of you, and what an honour it's been to work with you all, and I cannot wait to do it all again together next season!"

The celebrations in Maranello lasted for 5 whole five days, filled with champagne spraying at the Fiorano track and in the backyard of Gestione Sportiva, along with various lunches and dinners in between. God knows how many times Alessandra, Charles, Mick and Carlos complained about the champagne in their hair and soaking through their clothes the moment they entered her house, all whilst laughing their asses off.

"I don't want to be happy that we're finally done with the champagne raining over us," Carlos started when he walked in the living room rubbing the towel over his hair, where Alessandra and Mick were sat on the sofa, the boss having a towel wrapped around her hair, dressed in a grey oversized hoodie and matching sweats, and glasses over her eyes, and Mick dressed in a navy blue hoodie and sweats, wet hair sticking on his forehead, "because now, my chapter with Ferrari has officially ended."

"Oh, please don't say that," Alessandra sighed, her eyes slowly becoming misty as the Spaniard plopped down next to her, laying her head on his shoulder, "I've been trying not to cry for the past few days at the reminder of you no longer forming part of Ferrari!"

"I'll still be around," Carlos replied giving her a sad smile as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to his side, "and plus, I'm keeping my apartment here. I love Maranello way too much to just fully let it go. I'll be around once in a while here too."

"What's with all the sappiness?" The three laying down on the couch rolled their eyes at the Monegasque, who followed the non existent dress code of hoodie and sweats as he jumped on the couch, "we just finished celebrating the biggest achievements of our lives! And it's our last night together as the four in red, let's make the most out of it and finish off celebrating our style!"

And that's what they did, they ordered pizza and popped open another bottle of champagne, this time not getting sprayed on but enjoyed drinking it as they all sat together, pizza boxes on their laps and just cherished the last night the four were together celebrating Ferrari's success, told stories from the season and watched shit television until the early hours of the morning, until they fell asleep cuddled up together on the sofa.

In the morning, Alessandra hugged Carlos tight as they said goodbye after having breakfast. They exchanged promises of seeing each other at pre-season for sure, but hopefully before, and also promised that no matter what happens, they're always going to be one phone call away. Alessandra hated goodbyes, so did Carlos, but they told themselves that it wasn't a goodbye, it was a see you round the paddock. After the Spaniard left, it was Mick's turn to leave. He was heading to the factory to do a few hours on the sim, but he was leaving for Geneva straight after, and he knew that he wasn't going to see his best friend as she and Charles were leaving for the Dolomites right after he left the house.