Venti

Had this chapter written for ages and I cannot believe it's finally out! We've got a new revelation, enjoy ;) x

°°°

Alessandra and her friends decided to have a relaxed day before having to prepare for the ball, also to nurse the killer hangover that accumulated them when they woke up. They met down at the lobby and headed to the main square, finding a coffee shop to get some breakfast from.

"Apart from waking up feeling like absolute shit," Max started after taking a sip from his coffee, "that place you took us last night was insane!"

"I don't think I've had so much fun during a night out like last night," Pierre said, "the place and the atmosphere was just amazing!"

"Yeah!" Carlos beamed, putting his arm around Isa's chair, "how did everyone know that choreography to that song?"

"When that song was released a few years ago it was a huge hit in Venice," Alessandra started after she took a bit of her piadina, "during carnival, everyone would be in the middle of the square dancing to it, and somehow created a choreography that everyone knows. I'm happy it's still popular and that they play it in bars!"

"Were you okay after it though?" Mick asked, giving his friend a concerned look, "I know you left for a while after, but I was too drunk to actually comprehend that moment, and I feel really bad about it."

"I was fine, don't feel bad about it, I just needed some air," she smiled, squeezing the German's hand, "although," she muttered, "I did end up talking to Toto whilst I was out there."

"Wait, what?" Charles asked, turning his body to look at her, "Where did you see him?"

"He was out on a walk and passed through where I was having a smoke," she explained, "he said he liked walking through Venice late at night."

"What did you guys talk about?" Max asked, quirking an eyebrow at her which she rolled her eyes to.

"Phantom of the opera cause I was humming one of the songs," she shrugged, "and the ball." She wasn't going to go into detail about other things that were said, especially that she told him that she was feeling hot for more than one reasons, which she still wanted to slap herself for. "Anyway, I've booked us lunch at this beautiful restaurant by the grand canal, we've got to take a ride on a gondola to get to it!"

"That sounds amazing!" Kelly beamed, "Gondolas are so romantic!" Isa nodded in agreement, commenting how she's looking forward to the gondola ride with Carlos.

"We're taking one together, right?" Charles asked Alessandra and Mick, "because damn, I don't want to be a loner on a god damn romantic boat ride!"

"Looks like it," Mick chuckled, "unless Ale wants to take a boat ride with T-"

"One more word," Alessandra cut in, glaring at her German friend, "and I will throw you off the Gondola!" Mick put his hands up in surrender, frantically shaking his head, which got the others laughing.

And so that's how the group spent the day. They walked more around the city after breakfast, finding other spots they hadn't seen yesterday. Max laughed loudly when they spotted a store selling loads of Ferrari merchandise, getting the four people of the group affiliated with the team, and in Alessandra's case also the family, in front of the store and took a picture of them. They even entered the store, which got the employee and the three customers currently in the store almost bursting into tears as they offered to sign a few pieces of merch.

They then went on the gondolas, the couples getting their own small boat whilst Mick, Alessandra and Charles rode together, earning jokes from Max about how single they were, which earned the Dutch three middle fingers and laughter from the gondolier when Alessandra swore at Max in Italian.