Quarantaquattro

The sun was shining brightly in Maranello, illuminating over the town rich with sporting history, passion for the loud screams of the engines, the current home of two world champions and endless red running through the streets of the prancing horse. The sun was shining right over the house belonging to the team principal of the Scuderia, and the rays beamed through the glass doors of her bedroom, right on the bare back of the rival team principal.

The warmth of the rays woke up the Austrian from what he thought was the best slumber he's had in a very long time. He slowly opened his eyes, adjusting them to the surroundings of his side of the bed, a small smile tugging on his lips when he quickly registered where he was, running a hand through his hair before turning around, stretching his arm to wrap it around Alessandra and pull her close to his chest half asleep.

However, he was fully woken up when he did not feel her on her side of the bed, his eyes open wide, being met with the other half of the bed empty. He pushed himself up to sit straight, eyes going on the bathroom door in hopes that she was maybe in there, but the door was open, and there were no sounds coming from within her room. He grabbed his phone that was on the bedside table, along with his reading glasses, sliding the black frames over his eyes as he opened his messages, dropping Alessandra a text to see where she was.

Alessandra Ferrari

Morning, where are you? x

As he waited for a reply, he went through the notifications that appeared when he removed the do not disturb, only concentrating on the messages he received from his kids, as he could barely concentrate on anything work related. He let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding when Alessandra replied, feeling silly that he was acting that way just because he didn't wake up with Alessandra in his arms.

Alessandra Ferrari

Hi, morning. I needed to get some work done, and I didn't want to wake you.
I'm in my office right now, it's the door right in front of the staircase x

Toto got out of bed after reading the message, stretching his arms up in the air as he walked towards his suitcase. He grabbed his toiletries and went in the bathroom, quickly brushing his teeth before grabbing the t-shirt he discarded off before going to bed and slid it on, tucking the phone in the pocket of his shorts as he made his way out of the room.

He stood in front of the door right in front of the staircase, exactly where Alessandra told him she was, and he can faintly hear typing coming from the room. He knocked on the door, wondering for a moment if he should let her work in peace, but when he heard her soft voice grant him entrance, he opened the door, and the smile automatically made its way on his lips when he saw her sat behind her desk which was in the middle of the office.

"Morning," she said when he shut the door, her elbows on the desk behind her laptop, resting her chin on her hands, "did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," he nodded, barely managing to get a word out, not able to keep his eyes off her. She looked so powerful sat behind the desk, even if she was dressed in the same t-shirt she slept in, her stance, the glasses over her eyes with the laptop in front of her, the twirl of the pen between her fingers. She looked like a true leader, and he was close to fall on his knees in front of her to show that she had all the power, "you never stop working, do you?"

"Just wanted to get some stuff out of the way. I'm done now," she shrugged, closing her laptop as she crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back in her leather chair as she quirked an eyebrow at him, "are you just going to stand there? Come on in!"

Toto shook his head, letting out a chuckle as he walked through the office, letting his eyes wonder around. Her office was clean and tidy, only a few bits and pieces on the furniture, along with some books and awards, which decorated the office. However, right as he was about to reach the desk, he stopped walking when his eyes fell on the painting hanging on the wall behind Alessandra, the biggest piece in the room, and he felt his heart race in his chest, because that was the piece he gave Alessandra.