Cinque

The paddock was was packed even more than it was the week before, and that was because fans were around, ready to commence the start of the season and support their teams. Team personnels and drivers have returned back to Bahrain on Wednesday after flying back to their factories to analyse the data collected during testing and see that the cars are ready for the first race.

Alessandra would have liked to stay in Bahrain, like Charles and some of his engineers did, but she had to fly back to Maranello to make sure that everything was prepared for the weekend and that they can somewhat put up a battle against the Red Bulls and keep Mercedes and Aston, who showed a lot of pace during testing, behind. So the Ferrari team principal flew back to Italy Sunday afternoon, grateful that she didn't drink so much at the club after the dinner and did not have a killer hangover during her flight. She spent the whole three days she was there at the factory, only heading home to shower and sleep. On Wednesday, her, Mick, Carlos and the chiefs of their respective departments within the team made it to Bahrain, and that evening she had a dinner with her drivers and Mick, wanting to open the season together on a positive and motivating note.

It's Thursday. The day of a race week which anyone, apart from interviewers, in the sport that has to be in front of a camera hates, but fans love due to the content they get on social media of their favourite drivers, and even team principals. Drivers and team principals were grateful for the support they constantly get from their fans, but they have an image to maintain in front of the media, even if they get asked the most ridiculous questions which makes them want to get up and leave. They are human after all, and they get irritated, just like everybody else.

Alessandra pulled up in the car park of the Bahrain circuit, giggling slightly at the spot which had her name on it, parking her car and killing the engine. "I'm so ready to get some breakfast!" She said, turning her head to Mick, who was sat in the passenger seat of her Ferrari Portofino.

The German looked at her with his bright blue eyes, a wide smile on his face at the mention of food. "Me too!" The two got out of the car, standing next to each other behind the car. They glanced at each other, letting out a laugh as they were dressed almost alike. Alessandra was dressed in a red Ferrari team shirt, sleeves rolled up to her elbows, three top buttons open, giving it a spicy flare. The shirt was tucked in a pair of black high-waisted trousers, the material hugging slightly around her behind and thighs, then the material opening under the knees. On her feet she had a pair of black and red puma sneakers. Mick was dressed in a Ferrari team t-shirt and black cargos, with the same sneakers on his feet.

The two scanned their passes and entered the paddock, greeting people they recognised and stopping for fans who came up and asked for pictures. The sun was shining over the paddock, so they decided to sit outside the motor home, sliding on their sunglasses as to not get blinded by the rays.

"We've got an interview together, right?" Mick asked after they ordered their food and coffee.

"Yeah," Alessandra smiled, "with Sky Sport Italia. How's your Italian?"

"Still not the best," he chuckled, "I'm gonna need you to help me out here and there."

"You need to let me teach you Italian," she replied, raising an eyebrow behind her large frames, "but yeah, I'll help you out, don't worry."

"You better not be having breakfast without me!" The two at the table quickly turned their heads at the familiar voice belonging to one particular Dutch in the sport, who made his way to their table, quirking an eyebrow at him as he sat down. Max caught the looks, shooting them a confused glance, "what?"

"Is this a dream?" Alessandra said, her voice laced with dramatics as she looked at Mick with wide eyes, "Is Max, the man who comes to media day 5 minutes before his first interview, at the track early?!"