CHAPTER 1

"This is a very important case... I want somebody to deal with it."

A man sitting in the middle of the room on a throne-like chair appears powerful and mysterious. The eyes wandered around the hall as if they were looking for someone special who could handle it like nobody else.

"Is it that no one can?" He said raising an eyebrow not looking surprised at all.

He met silence once again.

"Where is Seokjin?"

"Sir?" Seokjin said standing in front of him pretending to be brave while knowing what's gonna be next.

"Where is....that-what was her name, again...ah yes Lee Anxin?" He said keeping both of his elbows on top of his thighs while his hands supported his face.

"Ah, sir, she's busy right now-" he was cut by a heavy blow to the ground with a vase. Everyone present in the room shivered under his cold gaze as he glanced at the broken pieces of glass

"Seokjin, she's a friend of yours, isn't she?"

Unable to utter a word, Jin shook his head out of fear.

"You do not want your precious best friend to be in the same condition as that vase, right?" Seokjin shook his head as no then said.

"Sir, I will tell her to come to the office immediately."

Taking a deep breath, attempting as much as possible to calm down and not frighten the already frightened boy.

"Do as you want, I want to meet her as soon as possible." With a sigh of reliving, Jin bowed and walked out.

"What are you all looking at? Out of my sight, NOW!!"

Jin took his phone out outside the meeting room and dialed Anxin's number.

Lee Anxin's pov-

Just as I was about to finish tying the last paragraph of the latest case I had worked on, last week. Then suddenly, my mobile phone that was kept on the nightstand began to ring. Annoyed, I ducked over the laptop to take a look at the screen. I rolled my eyes at the caller ID answering the call with a not-so-pleasant tone.

"What the shit do you want now?"

Relax, don't waste your wrath on me. I just wanted to inform you that Mr. Theo needs to see you in his office.

"What the hell on the earth does he want from me now?"

He wants you to handle a case

I rolled my eyes at him not that he could see it. Like for real? Even a five-year-old would know it would either be a new case or criminal assigned to me or feel more of his ranting. Not for a dinner date now that would be something shocking to hear about.

"Like I know, idiot but why me?"

Because he thinks you are the best detective in his department.

I waved a sigh as I answer him back, "Oh, please stop."

Ok then meet you in 15 minutes then. With that, he hung up, just like that? He is so dead when I meet him. I saved the file that had almost made it to an end and passed that laptop to the side. Walking into my wardrobe, I picked a white formal shirt and a black coat with black jeans to go with it. My hair is a mess not bothered I just left it as it is, in a messy bun. I took my laptop and rushed downstairs taking my car key from my drawer, I left.

(15 minutes later at the department)

I entered the building and straight away walked towards Mr. Theo's office. As I was about to knock on the door, a hand grab my arm pulling me to the hallway next to his office. I was about to beat the shit out of the creep that dared to touch me. A sudden laughter stopped me which sounded like..........

"Omg, did you come here straight from bed? You look like a cartoon." Seokjin said my so call best friend and the only person who can handle my anger issues.

I rolled my eyes at his not-so-unusual behavior. "Oh, just shut up and let me go."

"Yeah yeah, I will but calm your nerves and comb your hair, or else the boss will call the guards for you, thinking of you as a beggar. He said holding back a laugh as I glanced at him offering me a comb. I rolled my eyes for the 5th time today taking this comb from his hands. I quickly ran to the washroom to make my hair and fix my outfit a little. As I walked out of the ladies' washroom Jin appeared in front of me straddling me.

"Now that's my girl," Jin said smiling like a proud father.

I playfully rolled my eyes while chuckling at him as I was about to move to pass him, he blocked my way and stood smirking at me. I gave him a confusing glance to which he smiled and said.

"If only you would go for lunch with me, I would allow you to leave."

"Just why? Do you have a crush on me? I know I'm beautiful and such but still isn't quite a lame way to ask someone out on a date?"

He rolled his eyes glancing at me making me giggle at his annoyed and so-done face.

"Fine, fine we would go for lunch at xxx hotel?" I asked, raising an eye at him. To which he smiled happily and nodded.

I smiled looking at him and moving to the side. I left him and skipped towards Mr. Theo's office. I knocked at the door and pushed it open after hearing a faint 'Come in,'. His nose was buried in a file, not even bothering to look up as I companied him inside his office.

"Morning, Mr. Theo," I said, bowing at him.

"Oh, Miss Lee thank you for blessing me with your presence, finally." He said sarcastically, it took all in me not to roll my eyes at him for such a silly and sarcastic mock.

"I'm sorry, sir I was quite busy cause of the recent case handed to me." He sighed at my answer, looking up at me from the blue-colored file he was reading previously.

"Please take a seat, Miss Lee."

Taking a seat in front of him I folded my legs in a cross and stared at him through my cat eyes. Intimating him in a way that made him shift in his seat uncomfortably, I smirked at him.

"Last get straight to the point, Miss Lee, I want you to handle a case. I suppose Mr. Kim has already told you about this."

"Yes, Sir, I have been informed."

"As I thought so." Mr. Theo said, passing me the file he was reading previously.

Taking the file I opened, was mostly about the victim and how he was killed along with some information about him and his work with a photo attached to it. I suppose it's the victim's photograph, I was looking at his facial expressions when I was interrupted by the train of troughs running around my head.

"This file contains all the information you will need so far along with some photos of the victim." He said passing me some photos taken at the crime scene. My eyes widen looking at the pictures scattered on the table. This man, for sure, was murdered so mercilessly that I almost felt pity for him.

"Wow, that's quite a new way to kill someone," I said sarcastically and was quite impressed.

"You are the first one to be impressed instead of being sad, I see my choice isn't that bad." He said with a smirk on his face. I chucked at his statement and placed the file on the table.

"I want you to find the murder as soon as possible that is if you can do it?" Suddenly turning all serious he asks me with a look of hope in his eyes.

"You have my words, Mr. Theo, the murder will soon be in this very room begging for their life."

I said with a devilish smirk never leaving my lips.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading.