Chapter - 1

---

[ when you cook for him for the first time ]

---

You sat there on the couch, with folded arms and a pout, while Taehyung was busy talking with his secretary on his phone. The thing is, Taehyung had promised you to take you on a dinner date that very day, but thanks to his unexpected meeting, now he'll have to leave everything and go attend it at any cost. You were quite excited for it, as it would have been the first time after your marriage that you would be going out with Taehyung. You just felt bad, cause this meeting would mean that he'll have to break his promise.

Taehyung was a cold person, going on honeymoon or dates and showing affection was not in his to-do list. But he was trying his best to fulfill his responsibilities as a husband, for he knew that a pure soul like you didn't deserve his coldness.

Both of your dad's were the best of friends since their childhood. You would meet his parents on several occasions, but never got to meet their son, since he was completing his graduation from France. You were in your last year when Taehyung was declared as the new CEO of Kim Corporations. His dedication and hardwork was the reason why his company never dropped to number 2.

It was a family function when your parents had introduced you both to each other. Neither did he speak, nor did you utter a word. Your parents had left you alone, and you both were quietly sitting at a corner. He preferred solitude and peace, and he thought you were just like him, cold and emotionless, for even you weren't trying to initiate a conversation. But you proved him wrong when-

"Awww is that you??" He was shocked at your sudden squeal and looked at his phone to which you were pointing. He was absentmindedly scrolling down his gallery and had stopped at his childhood pics. He gulped and nodded, while the smile never left your face. "You looked so cute back then!" He immediately closed the app and looked away before uttering, "No, they're embarrassing." But you had turned him around by his shoulders and giggled while saying, "Oh no Taehyung-ssi! Childhood pics are meant to be cute and embarrassing. You don't expect to have sharp and stern expressions when you can barely walk, do you?"

Your words and laugh had made him smile that day. His parents had seen him smile and talk to someone with softness after god knows how many years. Your parents knew about his past, and so when they were asked for their daughter's hand in marriage, they happily agreed, for they knew no other man but Kim Taehyung could take good care of their princess.

You didn't object, you didn't have a boyfriend or a crush anyways, and he didn't object, cuz he didn't believe in love anymore and arranged marriage was the only option for him.

But one thing that he had realized was, he would never regret marrying you...

He ended his call and looked at you. You were basically looking like an angry kid who was mad at her parents for not taking her to the park. He sighed and came towards you, slowly taking his seat on the couch. "Y/n-" "Please cancel it, or better postpone it. Hold it tomorrow, that won't cause any harm will it?"

He softly smiled at your cute pleadings and pulled you into a side hug. "Y/n-ah. I don't wanna go too. But I'll have to. The meeting won't proceed without me and the clients are eager to be done with the meetings as soon as possible so that we can sign the contract. Please don't be sad. I promise to take you out some other day. Okay?"