Chapter - 6

---

[ when he talks to you while you are asleep ]

---

The sunlight entering inside the room through the blinds fell right on your face, making you squirm in your sleep. "Please let me sleep... just a bit more..."

Turning and tossing on the bed and mumbling words under your breath was all what you were doing, but you were unaware of the pair of eyes which were looking at you with admiration held within them. He brought his hand over your face to block the sun rays, and the moment it was blocked, you stopped moving and continued to sleep, making him smile.

Your arms were circled around his waist as his arm was under your head. You had no idea how close both of you were, but all you knew was that you were in your safe place.

He couldn't believe that he was the same man who had promised himself to never fall in love again, the same guy who never wanted to marry, the same guy who had shut the door of his heart for every woman, until you knocked at it. You were the only girl who had brought a smile on his face after so many years, someone who had made him feel worthy, someone who had made him feel alive.

Every small thing that would do for him, be it making his tie, or making him wear his blazer, or arranging his clothes and cooking his favorite food, each and everything would make his heart flutter.

His ice cold heart was slowly melting and he didn't want to stop it either. They say that playing with fire is dangerous, but how could he stop himself from holding you close to him when you were the fire who was melting his cold heart?

Your hair was tangled and a few strands were stuck on your face. He ever so carefully tucked them behind your ear and continued to stare at you. Your long eyelashes were touching your cheeks and your lips formed a pout as your cheek was squished on his arm pillow, making you look like a baby.

"Cute." He let it out in a whisper.

He softly traced his finger on your skin and pulled you closer. Your head was now resting on his chest and you tightened your hold around his waist, making his heart flutter. He closed his eyes and placed a long kiss on your forehead, feeling ecstatic.

"You're so precious to me. Your presence itself is so beautiful, how I wish I could tell you that. I can't ever explain how happy you make me feel, but sweetheart, I promise to you, that the day I tell you what you mean to me, I'll make it one of the best days of your life. You're so special to me sweetheart."

Nothing could have been a third wheel between them right now, except one thing...

Right. Except one thing.

*alarm rings*

He flinched and quickly stretched his hand to switch the alarm clock off but as he was in hurry to not let the stupid clock ruin your sleep, he hit the clock with his huge hand resulting in it slipping down the nightstand. It didn't even break, rather it started to ring even louder. He removed your hands and got down the bed and picked it up, but seemed like it had no mood to stop ringing.