Chapter - 12 (iv)

---

[ when his ex returns and tries to take him away from you ]

---

Your heart started to beat fast, not because you were feeling happy, but because you felt anxious. Song Chanmi? Taehyung's ex? The girl who broke his heart? Why was she even contacting you? What was her intention? Why was she showing up after so many years? Was she planning to do something evil? Was she going to take Taehyung away from you?

Hundreds of questions arose in your mind, but you hastily clicked on the chat to check the messages ignoring the endless debate going on inside you. The pictures your eyes fell upon broke your heart into a million pieces. Taehyung was kissing some girl, his hands around her waist and them standing too close to each other. He definitely looked a little younger, or maybe he was actually around 17 or 18, but your brain had stopped working as you mindlessly scrolled down the chat filled with those bitter photos.

Your finger automatically clicked on a video sent by her, a video in which the phone was placed at some distance, capturing the scene of Taehyung and that girl making out in what seemed to be like an abandoned classroom. His hands were roaming on her back as she played with his hair. "I love you so much Chanmi" You heard him say as he continued to kiss her.

Tears rolled down your cheeks as your breath hitched. You couldn't think straight. All those scenes and pictures were replaying in front of your eyes as you let out a sob. You placed your palm over your mouth to stop yourself from crying as your phone dinged with another notification.

"He's mine. He always was. If you think you can take him away from me, then you're wrong you silly girl. I have him wrapped around my fingers, just one snap and that will be the end of your lovey dovey relationship. He wants me, you're just a replacement. He needs me, you're just a burden. He loves me, you're just a distraction. Arranged love just exists in books, and you darling, you are just a mere character in his story with no storyline of your own."

[Meanwhile - Taehyung's POV]

He was filled with rage, extreme rage, as he walked into the premises of Kim Corporations with his powerful steps. He didn't bother greeting his employees who bowed to him, who were wondering why their boss had returned from his vacation on a random evening in such a bad mood, rather he just kept on walking towards the lift. Once inside, he punched the wall beside him as anger took over his mind. His knuckles got scratched and started to bleed a little but that didn't stop him from punching the wall once again. "Why are you back? Who asked you to return?" He muttered under his breath and his red eyes were filled with fury.

The moment the doors opened, he was greeted by Sanghee who had a confused yet terrified look on her face. She immediately bowed as Taehyung stepped out. "Good evening Mr Kim. I apologize for calling you from my new number actually-" She stopped midway on getting that deathly glare from Taehyung which indicated that he was not at all interested in her story.

"Cut the crap Sanghee, where is that woman?" He spoke calmly, trying not to yell at his secretary. She gulped. "She is in your cabin sir. She wouldn't listen to us, says she is close to you and we have no right to stop her. From all that we know, except Mrs Kim, Mr Park, your parents and a few of your other friends, no one is allowed to enter your cabin without your permission, that's the reason why I called you." He breathed heavily and walked towards his cabin.

As soon as he opened the door, he witnessed something that made his veins pop out on his neck and hands as his grip tightened on the door knob. Song Chanmi, the girl who left him years ago, was there in front of his eyes, sitting on his chair. All his cries and pleas as a high school teenager started to echo in his ears, how he had begged her to not leave him, yet she had left him shattered and walked away holding the hands of another guy. He entered the room and slammed the door shut. Chanmi, who until now was playing with the paperweight kept on the table, stood up while roaming her eyes all over his body.