Chapter - 4 (iv)

---

[ when his cousin touches you inappropriately ]

---

You were laying on your bed while blankly staring at the ceiling. You felt tired the entire time. A week had passed after the horrible incident, but it had mentally shaken you. You were mentally drained and exhausted. The girl who had the ability to cheer up a crying person was now a crying soul herself.

It was hard for you to forget everything and move on. Taehyung brought you back to Seoul the very next day of the incident, and since then you've been awfully quiet. It was as if you had lost the will to be happy again.

But you were thankful to Taehyung who was trying his best to comfort you. He was working from home these past few days just so that he could spend more time with you. He would kiss your forehead in the morning, cook for you, feed you, play his guitar for you, watch movies with you, read stories for you, cuddle you to sleep and even wake up in the middle of night whenever you'd see a nightmare and console you. He was trying his level best to help you overcome your fear.

You would rarely speak, let alone smile. The only time you had smiled was two days ago when his friends had visited you both, but Taehyung knew that each and every smile of yours was fake and forced.

Taehyung had to attend an important meeting today, so he left after assuring you that he would return soon. But it was five in the evening already and he hadn't returned yet. You had skipped your lunch, cause in the past few days it was Taehyung who would remind you about your meals and even feed you, but today you had no one. Yes the maids did ask you to eat, but you couldn't. It was suffocating for you to even walk in the house without him, how was it possible for you to gulp down the food? The only place which would give you some peace was your shared bedroom or his office room, both which had his fragrance.

He was your safe place.

The click sound of the door startled you as you quickly sat on the bed and scooted backwards, but you heaved a sigh of relief the moment you saw Taehyung entering with a soft smile on his face. You walked towards him and placed your head on his chest after wrapping your hands around his waist as he too wrapped his arms around you. "I missed you..." You mumbled against his chest as he smiled. "I missed you too." He softly rubbed your back and ran his fingers through your hair. He knew that you must have felt lonely, and to some extent scared too.

"Did my sweetheart have her lunch?" He asked while caressing your cheeks as you slowly shook your head. "Why?" You looked away guiltily. "I didn't want to..."

He placed a finger under your chin and made you look up at him. "It's alright... but don't skip your meal next time hmm?" You hesitated but eventually nodded. He smiled and slightly pulled away to break the hug. "I'll go take a shower, I'll come back soon okay?" You pressed your lips together and walked towards the couch as he secretly smiled at your figure walking away from him.

After some time, when he finally came out, he was wearing a fresh outfit. He combed his hair and sprayed his perfume and then wore his wrist watch, making you furrow your eyebrows. You immediately approached him and held his hand.