Chapter - 7

---

[ when you spill coffee on his important paperwork ]

---

You sighed for the nth time while chopping the vegetables. You glanced at the time, it was 8 in the evening and you were cooking late because you knew that making dinner early would be useless, and why so? Because Taehyung won't return before 11 at night.

It's been two weeks since Taehyung had started to isolate himself. It was as if some demon had possessed him. His personality had completely changed, or more like, his attitude was cold just like what others would say.

He would leave early in the morning and come home late. He was skipping his meals too which was stressing you out. Meetings, files, presentations, work and documents were the only things you would hear from him. No more late night talks, no more morning kisses, no more dinner dates and no more cuddling.

All these things were slowly making you sad.

But you knew that he was stressed because of his upcoming project with an international company. You knew that the office and his work needed him more than you because the deal was important and if this project becomes a success then it will help his company be more successful than it already was. But you too wanted to spend some time with him.

He wouldn't let you associate with his work, which would end up in him working in his office room and you all alone in the kitchen or the garden or your shared bedroom. What was more frustrating was that he would barely speak to you. He would skip his breakfast, you didn't know about his lunch, he would somehow have his dinner in haste and lock himself up in his office room.

You had no idea of what was going on in his life. You wanted to be there for him, help him, tell him that he was doing great, but how could you when he was the one pushing you away?

He was basically ignoring you at this point.

You put the pan on the counter and turned off the gas stove. You were washing your hands and that's when the bell rang, indicating Taehyung was back. You quickly made your way towards the main door and opened it, revealing a tired Taehyung.

His tie was loose and his blazer was on his shoulder. The first three buttons of his shirt were opened and his hair was messed up. You gave him a soft smile, internally pitying at his state. "Welcome back Tae." You said and took his bag from his hand and his blazer from his shoulder, while he just hummed and walked inside. He plopped on the couch as you kept his things on the table and went to the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

You handed him the glass and he gulped it down in one go. "Go and freshen up, I'll set the table till then." He didn't even bother to nod his head, just simply got up and headed upstairs. You picked up his things like a good wife and decided to keep them in your room before setting the table.

He came down a few minutes later in a fresh outfit and you smiled at him. You served him japchae, knowing that he would never leave his plate unfinished if it's filled with his favorite japchae. You smiled at his puffed cheeks as he took big bites of his food. And he, although in haste, completed his dinner for the first time in two weeks.