Chapter - 12 (ii)

---

[ when his ex returns and tries to take him away from you ]

---

The rays of the setting sun entered through the glass walls of the cafe, making everything look so calm and peaceful. The cafe was half filled with customers, yet it wasn't noisy. A bunch of high schoolers were sipping their coffee while reading their books and they wore headphones, probably to block out the noise from their surroundings. They reminded you of your younger self, and how you would spend your evenings studying with Taeyeon at the library, at the cafe or at your home.

"What are you thinking about, sweetheart?" Your gaze shifted from the students to the one who was sitting in front of you. His face gleamed under the orange sun rays and he had a soft smile on his lips. His bangs were on his forehead and just a little above his eyebrows. He was wearing a white hoodie which made him look so gentle and serene. His presence made you smile. "Nothing. Just wondering, when will it be when we again get to spend such a beautiful vacation together." You uttered, with a hint of sadness in your voice.

It was your last day in Paris, or to say, your last eve. Your flight was at night, so you had to depart for the airport before 9 pm. He smiled and placed his hand upon yours which was upon the table and softly rubbed your hand with his thumb. You glanced at his hand and then back at his face. "I wish we could stay here a bit longer, but it's getting difficult for Sanghee (his secretary) and my manager to take care of everything without me. So we'll have to return, but I promise, we'll come here, or we'll go anywhere you want to, whenever you wish."

He spoke in such a tender voice, it melted your heart. "Work is important Taehyung, but yes, I'm happy to know that you still want to take some time out to spend with me." He giggled at your response. "If not you, then who else hmm?"

You blushed at his words and looked away from him and your eyes fell upon a young couple who were sitting at a table with their little girl. She looked like she was 3 or 4 years old and she was eating her waffle while giggling at her parents. Her mom took some cream and pasted it on her nose as she laughed cutely. Her dad was taking their pictures, and was probably going to add them to his favorite collection. The scene made you smile.

"Such a happy family, don't you think so Tae?" You asked while turning towards him, but he just smirked in response. "Well, if we repeat what we did last night, maybe we too could have a little family of ours visiting this cafe the next time we come to Paris." Your eyes widened and your cheeks heated up as you pushed his hands away, making him laugh. You drank some water to cool yourself as you suddenly felt too hot, even when the air conditioner was on.

"I guess I'll have to leave you alone for sometime and go to the restroom, maybe that will help you cool down, cuz I know I'm hot and irresistible and my presence is making you sweat like hell." You bit your lips at his excuse for using the restroom and picked up the fork and pretended to throw it at him as he quickly got up and left while laughing. You shook your head, the smile never leaving your face.

You placed the fork back in its place. A small family with the love of your life, the thought was so cute. You wanted to have a baby with him, but you were scared. You were scared of the responsibility you'll have on your shoulders once you become a mother. It's very normal to have these thoughts, for motherhood has always been a sensitive topic for every girl. You knew that Taehyung would be a great father, for he was responsible and mature, but you weren't sure if you were ready and mature enough to become a mother.

While you were lost in your thoughts, someone sat on Taehyung's chair. You looked up and saw a girl, probably a little older to you, sitting in front of you. She had long brown hair and she was wearing a tight fitting black dress with a deep neckline. She had light makeup on and pink lipstick on her lips, making her look elegant. She was wearing a pendant and was staring at you with her siren eyes. Her lips curved up in a smile. You raised your eyebrow at her.