Chapter - 11

---

[ when he goes on a business trip without you ]

---

Turning the door knob, Taehyung took slow steps and got out of his office room. He let out a sigh and ruffled his hair while making his way towards the kitchen. As soon as he reached there, his lips curved up into a smile. You were chopping dark chocolate and the milk was boiling in a saucepan on the stove. He saw the pack of marshmallows and whipping cream kept on the counter and immediately understood what you were doing.

It was just this morning when you both were cuddled up on the couch, scrolling through his pictures from Paris when he had said that he missed the hot chocolate Mrs Chen made for him while he lived there. Mrs Chen was a maid hired by Mr Kim to look after Taehyung and the Paris penthouse. She would treat him like her own son and would always prepare different cuisines to make him happy.

He leant against the wall and stared at you with a huge smile plastered on his face. You were wearing a yellow dress which reached till your mid-thighs and your hair was tied up in a messy bun. You were making the drink with utmost care and he could see it as his heart swooned in happiness knowing that you were doing all this for him.

The way you bit your lips while whisking the cream, the way you carefully poured the hot mixture of milk and chocolate into the cup, the way you covered it up with the cream and added a few marshmallows and a few chunks of chocolate, he felt like he was the luckiest man on earth to have you in his life. Not a woman like you, but you. He felt lucky to have you.

He quietly walked towards you and back hugged you, making you flinch slightly, but his cologne was enough to make you relax as you smiled and melted in his arms. "Are you tired Taehyung?" You asked while running your fingers through his hair as his face was buried in the crook of your neck. He hummed against your skin in response. "What are you doing?" He mumbled and asked innocently because he didn't want to upset you. He knew that you wanted to surprise him and he wouldn't ruin it.

"I made some hot chocolate for you! Look!" You got all excited and removed his arms. Picking up the glass cup, you showed it to him with a cute smile. "Oh why- You didn't have to do this." He acted surprised, but he genuinely was happy. You giggled and handed him the cup as he stared at you with nothing but only love in his eyes. "Taste it and tell me how it is." He smiled and nodded before taking a sip.

He closed his eyes and hummed in satisfaction to show you how much he liked it. "God, this... this is the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted in my life." You giggled and softly hit his arm. "Stop overreacting okay. I know it's not that good." "No hey what are you saying? This is the best I ain't kidding."

"Let's go watch a movie." You suggested and started to walk towards the living room when he stopped you by holding your wrist. You turned back in confusion. "What about you? You won't have anything?" He asked and you gave him a soft smile. You took a step towards him, placed your hands on his shoulder, tip-toed and pecked his lips before staring in his eyes. "I am full and content by watching you eat. It's enough for me." You whispered and booped your nose with his before taking a step back and walking away as he stared at your figure.

Oh! And only he knows how much he loves you.

He grabbed a spoon and walked towards the couch as you had already dimmed the lights and selected a movie. He placed the cup on the coffee table and gestured to you to come closer. You happily cuddled up with him as he covered the both of you with a blanket and hugged you tightly.