Chapter - 9 (i)

---

[ when you visit his office but things go wrong ]

---

It was noon and currently, you were trying to arrange your clothes properly. After folding the clothes and placing them properly on the shelves, when you were finally done with your work, your eyes fell over Taehyung's wardrobe. A slight smile appeared on your face as you walked towards it. Pushing the sliding door, as expected, you saw his wardrobe in a mess.

Although he liked to keep his belongings properly, nowadays he was too busy with his work to keep an eye on his stuff. Man was always busy, but he never failed to take out time for you. You trusted him and gave him your everything, and now he didn't want to break your trust, let alone hurt you. You were lighting up his life, so in no way would he let the darkness surround you.

You took all of his clothes out and placed them on the counter. Hanging his blazers and folding his shirts, all you got to inhale was his scent. Smiling shyly, you kept on thinking about him while doing your work. Right then, your gaze fell over a black oversized hoodie, which looked similar to the one you were currently wearing.

"It looks like mine? But what is it doing among his clothes?" You picked it up and examined it carefully, finally concluding that it wasn't yours, because it was too, like toooo big for your size. Wondering over it, a memory suddenly struck your mind. You remember going shopping with him. And that's when you bought this hoodie of yours. Probably he bought the same hoodie for himself too? Like the matching hoodies which couples usually wear?

That's it, a shade of red spread all over your face. "He's sweet..." You blushed and took that hoodie and hid your face in it. Hitting your head lightly with your fist, you quickly arranged his wardrobe.

As you folded the last necktie and placed it inside the drawer, the screen of your phone flashed brightly and started to buzz, indicating that someone was calling you. A smile crept on your face on seeing the caller id. "Love"

You immediately picked up the call. "Hello..." You whispered. "Sweetheart..." He whispered back. You bit your lips. "Hmm?" You just hummed while sliding your hand against his shirts hanging inside the wardrobe. "What were you doing, cupcake?" You giggled at the nickname. "Me? Umm... I wasn't doing anything."

"Oh really?" He asked in a husky voice. "Yes." You replied confidently. "Oww, I thought that you must be in the closet, playing around with my clothes and accessories." His words flustered you. "Hey, I wasn't playing okay, I was giving my 'perfect' CEO husband's wardrobe a new and better look. Your bermuda triangle wardrobe now looks so neat, all thanks to me-" You stopped midway as realization hit you.

How did he know what you were doing all this time?

"H-Hold on- how did you-" Your words were cut by the click sound of the door. The knob twisted and the door opened, revealing Taehyung, leaning against the door with one hand ruffling his hair and the other holding his phone against his ear. He was clad in his office suit, looking all rich and classy. Not to mention the smirk on his face which left you baffled. Your lips parted as you gasped at his sudden appearance.