1. The Lambo Article

First Time Reader or
Re-reader?

Where was it? Where was it?

My frustration increased as I grabbed another newspaper from the pile Nancy had bought for me this morning.

Where was the blasted thing?

The 'thing' I was apparently combing through six newspapers for was the announcement of who were going to be hired for the internship at Gloss magazine for the summer.

Yes! Gloss magazine.

Who would've thought I'd have riled up enough courage to even go there for an interview?

Given that it was my summer before sophomore year in college, I thought that there was definitely more to life than beach parties or mall shopping sprees. So, I, Krystal Sanders decided to try out a summer internship at my favorite magazine.

I'm pretty sure that had said that they were putting up the list today.

G Publishing Firm, the firm that published the magazine and owned about five or six more magazines all over the US was supposed to put up the list of names in all large newspapers in the country.

Granted California Herald was a must.

"Nancy!" I called for the only form of parent I'd had since mom and dad passed.

She'd worked for us long before I was born, and after my parents died three years ago, she looked after me.

"What now, Krys?" She called out as she made us breakfast.

"Did you make sure to get all the newspapers that were there?" I asked her as I grabbed another one from the stack.

"Yes, Krys," she said as she scrambled some eggs. "Relax. You got it. I know you did."

I didn't want to get my hopes up. After all there had been a lot of people there applying. About thirty others. And they had said they would be taking in only six interns for the summer.

"Anyways," she said as she flipped the bacon. "What is happenening around the world today?"

She always knew how to calm me down.

"I don't know," I replied as I grabbed the nearest copy of 'What's Daily?'.
"Uhmm... Let's see. Oh, Lindsay was caught smoking pot in the toilet. Tao's currently here on rehab. ( ;) EXO EXO)" I flipped over a page and my eyes widened at the image.

A Lamborghini ran into a 7/11. The side of the mart was torn through as the luxury car lay parked inside it.

"And some idiot ran his lambo into the 7/11 in downtown Ave."

"Really?" She asked as she placed two plates of heavenly goodness on the table. "What a waste."

I nodded along as I read the article.

Burns has done it again. Another death-defying news worthy stunt that is.

Last night, at approximately eight twenty three in the evening, Douglas Burns, the renowned twenty two year old play boy and heir to Burns Industries drove his luxury car into the shopping mart in downtown Ave.

The car is rumoured to have just been bought two days ago on Burns' birthday.

Douglas Burns hasn't made an official comment on the incident as of yet.

The store manager said that the person working that time was not injured as he had been in the toilet.

The cost of the damages have not been disclosed but given the magnitude of it, we can only guess it to be in the tens if not hundreds of thousands.

This is another addition to Burns ever growing list of stunts following his DUI charge from last month.

I shook my head slowly as I read the article.

What a spoilt idiot!

If it was up to me, I would've thrown him in Alcatraz, locked him up then burn the key to scrap metal.

"Krys!"

I looked up at Nancy.

"What?"

"Your phone's ringing."

I looked at my phone on the table. It was ringing.

An unregistered number appeared on the screen.

"Hello?" I said as I answered.

"Can I speak to a Ms Sanders please?" A woman's voice came on the line.

"This is her," I answered.

"Well then, you came for an interview for a summer internship last week, am I correct?" Her voice sounded more relieved than before.

"Uh... yes."

"Will you be able to make it in this Friday for a final process?" She asked.

"Yeesss!" I said with more enthusiasm that was required. "I can. I definitely can."

She chuckled softly. "Great then. See you then, Ms Sanders."

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

My day was getting better already. Now I just had two days to get ready for the final process.

Nothing can go wrong now. Nothing should.