21. Frost-like Atmosphere

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

P.S [ IMPORTANT ] :
THE THIRD BOOK OF THE 'HATE AT FIRST FLIGHT' SERIES WILL BE ENTITLED 'FROSTED'.
IT WILL BE ABOUT JACE FROST ( MORE DETAILS ABOUT HIM BELOW).
WILL UPLOAD THE SUMMARY LATER.

WHO WILL READ?????? [ LET ME KNOW ]

•••||||•••

Life is and will always be a mystery. And mysteries are what make up life. That I had learnt from Nancy when I was eleven after I wondered out loud why us humans just happened to survive on an ideal planet that was coincidentally enough placed in the perfect spot in this universe we call home.

I learnt that life sometimes had mysteries that were worth solving and sometimes it didn't.

Now, life decided to throw me another one.

In this case, who was Georgia Frost, really?

Now this mystery, unlike the many I have yet to understand had many answers I discovered as we sat down seconds after our weird and on my part, paranoid, introduction. The answers came after Georgia talked about her visit to the Amazon rainforest to study wildlife. This of course threw me into another confusing twist. She didn't look like the type to enter a dangerous place like the Amazon rainforest, with its exotic and toxic wildlife. She also at Will's behest said that her brother, Jace would be coming for a visit in February after six years away, studying.

So far, I learnt that she was pursuing a degree in Biology and Wildfire or whatnot. She was more than her outward appearance which would lead others to believe she was the type that wouldn't hike through a rainforest. She was the epitome of 'don't judge a book by its cover'. She had a brother named Jace and that he had been away from Los Angeles for the past four years, who she adored highly. They had all been childhood friends, and all grew up together. Her parents owned Frost and Frost, one of the cities biggest law firms that incurred an annual income of $60 million from their equally renowned clients.

And the one final fact that surprised me the most of all?

Douglas Burns was undeniably in love with her.

The fact wouldn't have escaped me even if I was blind.

I wanted to laugh as this thought developed.

Douglas Burns, the demon spawn, was in love with Georgia Frost.

Then the pieces started to fall together.

Georgia. The name of his thoroughbred. He most likely named it after her.

This was the leverage Will had against that prevented him from telling his father about last Saturday. This was what Will meant when he had said he had something Douglas wanted.