6. The Mafia Tour Guide

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / PROMOTE / FOLLOW

xoxo,
Losalini <3

•••||||•••

The next day whilst eating a packet of chips in my room for breakfast, the flood of regret rushed through me about my decision yesterday.

I shouldn't have agreed to Will offering to show me around New York.

Reason one. I just met the guy yesterday.

Reason two. He tried to steal my burger in the first place.

Reason three. He just arrived in New York himself. For all I knew, we would be spending the whole day getting lost in this monster of a city.

Reason four. I didn't know him that well. For all I knew, his name wasn't even Will and he had lied to me about everything.

Reason five. He could even be a serial rapist for all I knew, or a drug lord, or even a smuggler who sold girls to brothels in Europe.

Yep, I had watched too many CSI reruns and Taken.

Maybe, I should just ditch him and spend the day just lasting around until my flight in the evening?

Or maybe I should ditch him and wander around New York myself, enjoying the blissful fun that came with exploring a new place, not knowing what was around the corner.

I smiled at the thought.

Take that you possible smuggler/rapist/drug lord! I'm not gonna be falling for your tricks today!

With a hop in my step, I maneuvered around my open bag on the ground and grab my handbag before exiting the small room I'd spent the night in.

Given my being linguistically impaired concerning other languages, my list of new buddies in the board house consisted of the old lady manning the front desk and the tabby kitten that wandered the halls.

"Morning ginger," I called the little kitten as he lay on the carpeted floor, watching me as I walked by. "I'll bring you back some milk."

The kitten purred as he rubbed his head against my leg.

The old lady wasn't at the front desk when I went there.

"Uhmm... Fiona?" I called out softly, in case she was in the back of the office.

"Hold on, dearie," she called back, still unseen. The sound of rummaging can be heard from where I stood.

I smiled as the five foot four small woman appeared from her office. "Morning, sweetheart. How was your sleep last night?"

"Good," I replied. "I was wondering if you had a map on you?"

She nodded. "Hold on a sec." She rummaged through the many papers on her desk. "Here you go," she placed a pamphlet on the counter. "Going for a little exploring today, now are we?"

I nodded. "Yeah, just until the afternoon. My flights at seven."

She nodded, "Nothing like visiting the Big Apple and leaving with some souvenirs, aye?"

"Yes. Do you know how long it'll take to walk to the nearest information booth?"

"Hmm, now the nearest one would be in..."