37. How to Speak Evan Queens

FIRSTLY, HUGE CONGRATS TO THE US OF A (USA) FOR WINNING THE OLYMPICS --- 121 MEDALS \o/ \o/ ! Amazing ! Oh and my home country , FIJI, won their first Olympic medal - gold!!! Yay!! (insert)

SECOND, I WILL TRY TO FINISH BURNED ASAP... PROPERLY OF COURSE. HOPEFULLY NEXT UPDATE WILL BE UP SOMETIME THIS WEEK :)

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,

LOSALINI

•••※※※•••

Georgia was missing for the rest of the day and although it seemed like it was just words thrown around with no care, I wouldn't be surprised if she was already halfway to London by the time Evan offered to drop me home.

After all, they had enough money to play with and it wasn't the first time they did something so out of the ordinary with the help of money of course.

Douglas had offered to drop me off home but given the blush that had spread across my face whenever our eyes had met throughout the day, I was just about to say I'd rather catch the bus home instead when Evan had volunteered his services.

I tried not to let out a sigh of relief when Douglas hadn't put up a fight. He didn't see us out, his phone having intervened and I didn't miss the way his eyes had squinted at the screen, his brows furrowed together and his lips thinned when he recognized the number. He disappeared promptly and with no goodbyes.

"So..." Evan decided to break the silence that had settled in the car once we exited the gates of the Burns mansion. "What's going on with you and Dougie?"

The question caught me off guard that I started coughing involuntarily from the shock.

Evan reached off and gently massaged my back to try to stop me. "So something is going on."

"What? No. Nothing's going on," I struggled to say the words despite the rush of heat that painted my face red. "We're just..." I didn't know what to say. What were we? Friends? Or just your simple case of employee and employer's son? I decided to play it safe. "...two people forced to be nice to each other."

Evan scoffed out a laugh as if he had been ready for any answer other than that. "Two people forced to be nice to each other? Really?"

I nodded with conviction, liking that my reply seemed plausible.

"Oh, come on. I'm not going to run to the media and spill the details. I'm practically family. You can tell me."

"I'm serious. Douglas is just someone I have to look after for the summer and after that we'll practically be strangers once again."

Evan furrowed his brows together, just like he always did when he was overthinking. "So what's the deal with Will?"

"Will's a good friend," I answered without hesitation, my mind again drifting off, wondering where Will was right now. He still hadn't returned from wherever it was he had gone off to.

I was just wondering what brought on his interest in my life when we stopped at an intersection as the lights turned red.

Evan turned to face me, his eyes taking inventory of my entire body, but his eyes were more of an inqusitive, curious nature and not predatory.