20. Discovering the Golden Ratio

HAD A LONG WRITER'S BLOCK WRITING THIS CHAPTER. HOPE YOU LIKE THE OFFICIAL UPLOAD :)

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

After another two hours of catching some literal waves and ringing water out of my ears many times, Will finally decided that we should head back to the mansion before Douglas started looking for us.

As we drove back to the mansion in Douglas' Camaro, I tried to ask him as slyly as possible to tell me why Douglas didn't want to come as that might shine some light on his sudden change of attitude towards me. I was still contemplating whether he was pulling a typical Mean Girls move, pretending to be nice before he returned back to demonic, whether he was just feeling guilty about the fall on Sunday or whether he was actually nice, as Nancy, Will and Dylan have told me on several occasions.

However, Will caught wind of my plan and laughed in my face. "Nice try, Krys."

"Come on," I huffed in frustration as I tried my best to not sound whiny. "What's the big secret anyway?"

Will continued to stare ahead as he turned a bend too fast. Without the safety of my seat-belt (which I had neglected due to my frustration), naturally the law of motion and physics occurred and I flew in front. Luckily, Will noticed and his hands suddenly were against my chest holding me steadily, keeping me from flying.

He sighed as he pulled his hands back. "Put on your seatbelt, Krys. I thought I told you to do that as soon as you get in any car."

I rolled my eyes before puling the seatbelt and fastening it tight. "There. Happy?"

He nodded before he went back to driving and continued to ignore my question.

"Will?" I pouted.

He didn't even bother giving me a glance.

"Fine," I shrugged. "I wasn't even the littlest bit curious."

This time he glanced my way, but only to cast me a look of pure disbelief. "Right." His voice also reiterated his expression.

"I'm serious." I wasn't, but I had resigned myself to the fact that Will wasn't telling me anytime soon so why waste my energy, plus I wasn't one to show him he had beaten me.

"I don't believe you."

"And you don't have to," my eyes caught the sign up ahead and instantly my stomach started complaining. My mouth watered staring at the huge yellow M up ahead but I knew better than to say anything to Will about it.

We needed to get back to Douglas soon before either Mr Burns found out I had again ignored my job description, or Douglas decided he had had enough of playing disguise the wolf and inform his father about me ignoring my job description. Besides, I was pretty sure I had a day old, half-eaten bar of Snickers in my bag somewhere, maybe at most it was one week old.

Unfortunately, Will noticed, glancing at where the embarrassing sound was coming from before he looked at me. His eyes went back onto the road ahead and swifty landed on the same sign that was blatantly flaunting its tempting promises. "Hungry?"

I shook my head. "Not so much. I can handle it." As if it was punishing me, my stomach growled again, giving evidence to my lie.

Without another word, Will turned and drove towards the big M.