36. Failed Bravados

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,

LOSALINI

••※※※•••

Will wouldn't be returning today apparently, still away on as Quincy had called it to look for a certain type of bread. He'd called Douglas to let him know. Whatever the bread was, I wouldn't be surprised if it was from Mars because there was no reasonable excuse as to why he couldn't have found it in the state of California.

And to make it even more confusing tomorrow was the day that he decided we go on our "date". The date that he had literally pulled the whole owing him a wish card on me for. Maybe he had also come to the conclusion that it wasn't really a nice thing to do that to someone, that is basically forcing the other person into going a date.

I know it isn't technically a hardship going on a date with Will, heck any girl out there would be lucky to go on a date with the guy. He was a really nice guy, the type that any girl would be proud to take home to their parents.

But the problem was that I didn't see him more than just a friend. And believe or not, I sincerely hoped he would understand that sooner rather than later. I didn't want him to get hurt because of me.

At about two in the afternoon, Douglas and Georgia made a run to Subway to grab some sandwiches for us. And believe me when I say Douglas and I had a long discussion on whether I should go with him to purchase the goods. It had only ended when he told me that he promised he wouldn't commit any crimes that would impact the company's market value.

As I waited for them, I grabbed the latest edition of People magazine. The cover had a photo of Dylan and Alex smiling at the premiere of Alex's latest movie. I turned to the page with the article about how Dylan and Alex had recently purchased an adorable golden retriever together last week and named him Goldie.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the two of them, but it was interesting what people cared enough to read on other people's life. Like seriously, getting a pet together was as adorable yet insignificant as me deciding to change my usual coffee order to a flat white. That was private information.

I turned the page over to an article featuring a photo of a familiar guy. I couldn't quite place him so I read the heading. TYLER O'BRIEN: "I'M DATING STEPHANIE GRYERS!"

As I read over the article I remembered where I'd seen him before. He was the second lead in Dylan and Alex's movie, Rushed. He played Julian Van Dyke. And officially he was dating Stephanie Gryers whoever that was.

Again, adorable but private matter that I still failed to see why everyone needed to know. All that news did was tear some fans up and crush some naive girl's heart.

Just as I turned the page to an article about Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez again making aloof 'I still love you' gestures on Instagram, my phone vibrated on the coffee table, alerting me to a new message.

I placed the magazine on my lap before checking my phone to see a message from Nancy.

Mr Burns called to tell me that he was thinking increasing the invitation list.

A little bit confused as to the true meaning behind her message, I hastily replied,

What does that mean?

A minute later I received her reply.

He wanted to invite some old college friends.