31. Crowd Control Duty

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,

LOSALINI

•••||||•••

Dylan Rush was my first crush.

Actually, I take that back. Let me rephrase it.

Dylan Rush was my first celeb crush.

Where people was getting hyped over Zac Efron or Taylor Lautner during the High School Musical or Twilight eras, I, Krystal Sanders had been having a small, tinsy, winsy crush on fourteen year old Dylan Rush who had just debuted in the movie Kaleidoscope

Something about his blue eyes and innocent face had me anticipating his next movie, even back then when I was still trying to get through my pre-adolescent years.

I had him as my wallpaper for the best part of my teen years, talking to his picture perfect face with his colgate smile looking back at me, I felt like I had someone to talk to, someone who understood me and someone who listened. At least as far as a photo could achieve those things. What can I say, I was just like most teenage girls.

So, I didn't particularly like it when he became so famous that millions of girls started liking him. I felt like Dylan was something untouchable again.

So, when I heard rumors about a newbie actress being his costar in Rushed, let's just say I was one of the thousands of girls that signed a petition to change the lead actress, despite that having being pathetically dismissed by his agency in its early stages. 

Although I didn't necessarily go as far as vandalizing movie posters or getting a membership to the Anti-Dylex fan club, I didn't support their blooming relationship. After all, I had heard the rumors about how much Alex had sabotaged Dylan on the set, despite them not having been actually proven true.

Therefore with my preconceived ideas of Alex Hunt, I had been left brimming when Dylan had told me a little something about their story when he dropped me off. After all, who didn't know who Dylan Rush was? He had been dubbed the next Leonardo DiCaprio. Then again, her display of kindness made me question what people had been calling her ever since their relationship was confirmed.

She wasn't some "gold-digging harlot that was all fake and makeup." She was actually quite nice, nicer than Georgia, I concluded. 

After all, Georgia Frost tended to be a little bit too overwhelming. She was a chatterbox with no off button. And god, did I need that off button sometimes.

And as far as my celeb crush on Dylan Rush went, I was actually glad he had found someone like Alex.

"So?" Alex's voice broke through my slight daze watching the waves crash into the cove on the east of the beach.

I looked over at her a little bit confused as to what she was referring to. I hadn't heard what she'd said to me seconds before thanks to the heat that made me relapse into a lazy state. The sun had left me sweating and I was only wearing a very thin white shirt and a pair of shorts. "So what?"

We'd been sitting in the cabana while Will and Douglas had a surfing competition, sometimes disappearing for seconds before they reemerged and laughing off their slight kiss with the sea. Dylan had gone off to grab us some refreshments from the car as soon as Alex had said she was feeling thirsty. I quite enjoyed the sight of seeing my long-time celeb crush being smitten, just like any other average person. Georgia had gone along to help him and Evan, as it turned out was in dreamland, lost to the world of the conscious in Dylan's car.