29. Never Judge a Person by Their Playlist

DOUBLE UPDATES BECAUSE IT'S THE 4TH OF JAN 2016!!!

BURNED : RANKING CURRENTLY #162 IN TEEN FICTION. THANK YOU :D

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

Despite the fact that my relationship with Douglas had somewhat gotten out of the 'I am gonna sabotage you and get you fired' zone and we were now in the 'let's try to be friends, at least for the summer', I had many reasons why I didn't want to ride with him to the beach.

Okay not many, but they were three very good reasons.

One, I still hasn't talked to Will about our standing friendship and that that was all it was going to be. Two, we wouldn't know why to talk about since the only things we ever did talk about was my parents death (I didn't want to talk about that), his mother's death (he most likely didn't want to talk about that) and his father thinking he was the reason for my parents death (we wouldn't want to revisit that conversation anytime soon). Three, I wasn't comfortable around him as I'd like everyone else to believe. Honestly, I, myself didn't like the fact that I was uncomfortable around him.

Heck, last week, Prince had jumped on me after his both and knocked me to the ground. Then Douglas had come and offered me a hand. I reddened as the warmth past from his hand to mine just before he tugged me up and I was thrown against his chest. Thankfully, Georgia had called for Douglas soon after which saved me the embarrassment. And lately, I'd catch my eyes wandering to him without meaning to, admiring the way his the skin around his eyes crinkled when he smiled or laughed in agreement at a memory Georgia brought up. Which then always led me to scuffing down a glass of water which sometimes left me choking on it.

So, when Georgia said that I was carpooling with Douglas because Evan would be carpooling with her and Will, I understandably sought to find justification in that.

"Why can't I ride with you guys and Evan rides with Douglas?" I asked Georgia.

"It's your sumer job to follow him, remember? So follow him, by riding with him." Georgia smirked as if she was enjoying my dilemma. " Besides Dylan called me up. They're five minutes out and Evan is not in the right state of mind right now. And if he rides with Douglas, he'll most likely cause an accident by trying to drive them off the road in his state."

What state of mind was Evan in? He didn't seem like the type to lose his cool. And Dylan was coming?

"I can follow him behind in the twin cab just as easily as being in the same car as him. And were going to the same place, remember? So why don't you ride with Douglas?" I was now aware of the fact that Douglas was busy listening in on our conversation whilst in the guise of taking drinks and surfboards to the four-wheel drive twin cab that just happened to be in the Burns mansion garage.

Georgia sighed before rubbing her eyes. "Remember my plan?" She asked.

Her plan to get Douglas over the puppy dog crush he'd developed for her, which simply enough meant not leaving them alone and with less than five feet of space between them.