11. Winner Takes All

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / PROMOTE / FOLLOW !

XOXO,
LOSALINI

P.S : If some of you are confused on who Dylan Rush is, please check out book 1 of the Hate at First Flights series entitled 'Rushed' regarding his story :)

•••||||•••

Like any other person whose life was turning into a soap opera too much in the span of five days, I did the only reasonable thing I could do as I stared at Will Davis.

Did I scream?

No. Then I would look like a crazy person in front of Dylan Rush.

Did I faint from shock?

No. Then my ward aka Douglas Burns would run away, leave me behind and I'd lose my job even before the first day ended.

Did I keep my mouth shut?

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

I was calm, cool and collected. The three C's.

Why?

Two reasons. One, I expected that Will had a reasonable explanation as to why he resembled a hobo the last time we met as opposed to why he resembled a rich family's son now. Two, I was not feeling that welcoming, considering that I was still feeling down about him breaking his promise in New York.

So, when everyone else went up to greet Will with a hug or a shoulder pat, I stood rooted where I was with a neutral expression.

After they had their form of celebration whereby Evan sang his rendition of 'Coming Home', Will's eyes darted to me.

A mixture of a hopeful yet regretful expression appeared on his face. Thankfully no one else noticed as their eyes landed on me when they realized they forgot to introduce me.

Evan dragged Will behind him towards me. "Will, my man, I want to introduce you to this beautiful young lady," he gave me a playful wink, "Krystal. But I call her Krys."

Will nodded. Looked like he was going along with my indifferent plan without knowing so.

"Krys, may I introduce Will Davis, Douglas's"

"Cousin," Douglas intercepted as he came up from behind them and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I tried to shrug off his hand but he tightened his grip. "The one that would supposedly receive my shares if I don't go along with this insane plan dad put together."

Oh, so he's that cousin! Seriously, how small can the world get!

Will chuckled. "Uncle Seb came up with another outrageous scheme to keep you in line again?" He asked as he looked at his cousin with him our in his eyes.

Douglas glared at him. "Don't you even start," he snapped although his glare couldn't hide that he also found this hilarious. "If you weren't so darn perfect, I wouldn't be in trouble that much."

Will smiled as he also wrapped an arm around Douglas's shoulder. "I just don't see him that much that he finds me infuriating. Trust me I can be annoying too."

I scoffed at that. Yeah, like stealing someone's burger.

Douglas looked up at me, arching a brow. "Got something to say, buffoon?"