30. Alexandra Hunt

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,

LOSALINI

•••||||•••  

The car ride to the beach was much more than I had expected really, filled with of course my favorite Kpop songs, after all, Douglas did say he wanted to branch out.

I had played songs by Big Bang, EXO, BTS, VIXX and even Monsta X, the rookie group that had just debuted two months ago in May. The thing that made it even more exciting was the expressions and reactions that Douglas had when a song began.

It gave me a reason to study him without coming off as a weirdo. When Love Me Right began, his face was skeptical but then towards the end of the song he was trying his best to sing along to the chorus with a carefree expression like he had no other care in the world but to lip sync along perfectly to a language he didn't even know.

"So?" I asked him as he turned into the car-park that opened up to the sandy edges of the glistening beach.

He didn't say a word as he found an empty spot a few spaces away from Will and Dylan's cars. Finally he pulled the car to a stop and turned off the ignition.

"So... how was branching out today?" I asked him, genuinely curious as to what he thought of the type of music that flooded my library.

He shrugged absentmindedly before he smiled slowly. "I liked it. It's quite...invigorating actually. Not having to read into the lyrics and guess what he songwriter was thinking or feeling when he wrote the song. But then again, I like the song, but I won't really go out of my way trying to purchase the album. It's to the point that when I hear a song playing that is in another language, I'd stop and just listen to it."

I couldn't hide the smile that appeared on my face at his words. Granted, as I started this job, I pictured Douglas much more differently then what I was now discovering. He seemed to think over things with a perspective that couldn't help but incite a feeling of respect within me towards him. 

He wasn't someone who made rash decisions, at least I concluded that from what I'd seen so far. He hadn't told on me to his father when he discovered I'd skipped out on work that Saturday with Will. But then again, he did know that his father wouldn't fire me, given the misplaced guilt he had towards my parent's accident.

He was decisive and thought of things to the point that the outcome would benefit him. Just like how he'd made me think I'd gotten away with it on the flight to New York, before he coolly made me give up my name and reasons for visit which then led me to getting fired.

"Krystal..."

I finally focused back on Douglas as he lightly tapped my hand. "What?"

"Are you okay?" He arched a brow curiously at me. "You kinda zoned out on me."

"Just thinking..."

"About how cool I was for being open to new things?" He smirked at me.

I shook my head, a playful scowl on my face. "No. I was actually thinking of how we first met and how that led to me being fired from my dream job. Without actually getting past the final interview of course."

His smirk disappeared. "About that... I never did apologize properly for that day." A ghost of a smile remained as he looked at me with obvious regret on his face. "I wasn't thinking properly that day. To be honest... I never really do that."