32. How to Surf, Burns Style.

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE. I DIDN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT SURFING, SO I WAS PUSHING IT BACK.

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER :)

XOXO,

LOSALINI

•••||||•••

"What type of board do you want, babe?" the blonde surfer-looking dude, with a solid bronze tan asked after he handed a black wet-suit to the guy he'd been serving.

I was stumped. Realistically, before I'd entered the surf shop, I had no idea whatsoever that there was even more than one type of board. Least of all, did I expect that there were more than two types.

My eyes searched the shop for anything that looked remotely like the type of board that someone like me would use. 

There were many types, in different shapes and designs. Some were longer than others while some were shorter than the rest. Some were thicker than others and some were paper thin. And, I, like any other person that preferred reading books to riding waves didn't know which board was the best for someone who had no experience riding waves.

"Uhmm... Why don't you pick one for me?"

The guy chuckled at my lack of knowledge. "How about this one?" He offered, pulling out a turquoise board that was one of the longest boards in the shop.

"Oka-"

Douglas suddenly appeared from wherever it was that he'd disappeared to. "The peach with rose petals will be better," he said as he pulled out the board that matched his description. "That's too plain, don't you think," his eyes lingered on the necklace the guy had around his neck, "Steve, is it?"

"Uhm..." the guy chuckled nervously as he placed the turquoise board back where he'd gotten it from. "Sure thing." He grabbed the board from Douglas. "Let me wax it for you before you take it."

Douglas just nodded before he walked away, going through some snorkeling gear that was by the umbrella stands on the right.

Still embarrassed after the eavesdropping incident from before where I sounded like a loser that had commitment and boy issues, I chose to go waste my time, playing with the Hawaiian doll that stood by the cashier while I waited for Steve to come back from waxing the board.

The doll bobbled her head at the slightest touch and I watched it with fascination, having not seen one before other than in the movies.

After a couple of minutes, Steve appeared, lugging the board behind him. "Here you go, babe." He smiled as he held it out for me before he looked over to where Douglas stood, looking through some board-shorts. "Your boyfriend is something, isn't he?"

I chuckled at his misunderstanding. "He's not my boyfriend."

"What?"

"He," I nodded at Douglas, "isn't my boyfriend."

Steve looked confused. "But you two came together and he picked a board for you."

"Which doesn't necessarily mean that he's my boyfriend, does it?"

Steve's tanned face reddened a bit. "Uh, yeah, I guess."

"I'm following him for the summer."

Steve looked confused, his eyes darting between Douglas and I.