19. Reversed Chances

Dedicated to @nisey8888 for sending me the new cover for Burned (insert)
Thanks sooooo much Denise! :D

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW
XOXO,
LOSALINI

NOTE : THE WATER PARK DESCRIBED BELOW IS PURELY FICTIONAL BECAUSE AS FAR AS GOOGLE STATES THERE'S NO WATER PARK IN THE HOLLYWOOD AREA :) PLUS I AM NOT FROM AMERICA AND SO I DON'T KNOW

LATER HALF OF CHAPTER INSPIRED BY KOREAN DRAMA 'SHE WAS PRETTY'
#SARANGHAECHOISIWON

•••||||•••

I've seen Mean Girls 1 & 2.

I knew the whole storyline. And I was positive I was living my rendition of the famous movie. However my version of the movie was slightly different. Douglas and I hated each other and suddenly by some weird twist he was nice to me.

Over the past week ever since that fall on Sunday, I literally walked on eggshells around him. He was always there making sure I was alright and checking that I wasn't overworking myself.

On Monday, he had told me that we would be staying in and that I should go rest in one of the guestrooms. On Tuesday, we went to the Queens golf club and he told me to sit in the shade of the golf cart while he and Evan played golf. On Wednesday, he asked the chef to make me some herbal drink that I couldn't even pronounce the name of. Yesterday, on Thursday, he told me to do whatever I wanted while he was on his laptop, typing away.

I was driven past the point of paranoia that all I wanted to do was yell, "You're freaking me out!" Because after watching Mean Girls, I knew you could only pretend to be nice long enough until you revert back to your true self. And that was what I was waiting for. I was waiting for Douglas Burns to remove his sheep skin and reveal the wolf inside that wanted me gone.

Other than that, I also theorized that he was only doing this out of guilt, but as soon as I was well enough, I'd be stuck pulling out weeds from the garden and mowing down the lawn of the huge expanse of land they owned. Maybe he'd even take me to their other houses and tell me to scrub it down from floor to ceiling.

I was both waiting and loathing the day that that would happen. Because it meant I was right and it also meant that I would be pulling out weeds and scrubbing, something I thought I wouldn't be doing by tailing a rich playboy. The only thing I had anticipated from this arrangement was tagging along to VIP parties and pool parties, even drag racing.