8. Dinner with the Demon Spawn

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / PROMOTE / FOLLOW !

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

What would you do if your archenemy walked into a restaurant?

And what if he walked into said restaurant to dine with you?

And what if you for one, came to the said restaurant expecting to dine with your caregiver and not with a soulless, arrogant apprentice of the Devil himself?

And what if you were under the impression that that so called dinner was to comfort you for losing out on your dream job, that that so called archenemy had gotten you fired from even before you did the interview?

You would probably be like me, glaring at the evil one with enough hatred that if I had a fillet knife on me, I'd run him through.

No?

Yeah, little miss Sanders was losing her sanity again.

And all because of the evil one, better known by the world as Douglas Burns.

"Krystal," Nancy, unbeknownst to my death glare at the unexpected guest called out as they came to me. She smiled widely at me, her eyes indicating that I should lose the murderous look. Maybe she did notice.

I got out of my chair and faced them properly.

"I'd like to formally introduce you to Mr Sebastian Burns, the CEO of Burns Industries," Nancy said as the impressive man stepped forward with a huge smile that threw me off.

Where did the serious looking man from seconds ago go?

"Pleasure to finally meet you, dear child," he said as he bowed his head slightly. "You look ... refreshing."

A scoff came from his right, where the demon spawn stood.

Mr Burns threw a scowl towards him before turning back to me and smiling. "What my impudent son means to imply is that you are a showstopper, dear."

I didn't care enough to be offended. What stuck on my mind is that he was his son?

Of course! Burns! Douglas Burns! Sebastian Burns!

Well, can you blame me? There are a lot of people who have Burns as their last name.

But how many could afford to own an airline?

I just smiled politely at Sebastian. "Your...son?"

He smiled as if he was please I had asked, before nodding. "My one and only..."

"Douglas Burns," I said out loud without thinking.

"You know each other?"

Immediately I shook my head just as the evil ass himself said, "No!"

Mr Burns looked even more skeptical.

"Uhm, I read ... the article from earlier this week," I remedied instantly, "about the accident."

As if the accident was a taboo subject, Mr Burns eyes darkened as Mr I-Own-An-Airline glared at me.

Thankfully Nancy chose that moment to interceded, "Let's take a seat and order something, shall we?"