Ch.16 [ Spring and Summer ]

*Akira's Pov*

Me: First of all, You are in a very dangerous spot Aelia. And I don't mean my Tribe.

I pour tea into our cups.

Aelia: Why are you nice to me?

Me: Because, my mother-like figure was a Maiden, and so are you. Her grave is in my backyard, She was Spring, you... are Summer.

She stares at me with disbelief, so I take out a dagger and give it to her. As she shakily takes it.

Me: It should make you feel a bit safer, I found it between Spring's previous items in this tent, before repairs.

She nods and stares at the dagger.
As I put sugar on the table.

Me: Sugar?

Aelia makes a two with her fingers, as I place them in her tea.

Aelia: Why me? Why did I get these powers?

Me: Random. It was random, purely a coincidence.

Aelia: What... do they give me?

That's my question too...
She fidgets a bit in her place, as I drink my tea.

Me: I'd say... Your main element is Earth control, with wind and one more.

Aelia: Earth? Wind?

I place my cup down, and show her my arm, as snow starts falling from it.... or rather small ice shards.

Me: Somehow, I am the Spring Maiden. Which should be impossible.
Spring is Lightning, and some Ice.
Fall is Fire and some form of material Manipulation?
Summer is Earth,
And Winter, would be Ice.

A lightning runs around my fingers.

Aelia: Why is it impossible? And how do you know these things?

Me: I learned them. And Maiden's derive from the tale of Four Seasons, all of them were females.

She finally reaches for her tea and drinks it, as surprise and amazement fill her face.

Me: Good?

Aelia: Yeah.... so, how.... many Maiden's are there?
Me: Four.

I answer instantly.

Aelia: Do you... know anything about other two?
Me: A bit about Fall, but that's it.

She drink more of her tea, and so do I.

Aelia: Who's... hunting me? Because of this?

She places her hand on the table, as some Earth appears from underneath her fingers.

Me: Someone, who wishes for pure destruction.

I tap my finger on the table, as my tea completely freezes, and cup bursts into few pieces.

Aelia: .... What can I do? To help? Is there anyway to get rid of... this?

She points at herself, as her eyes are flaring and indicating her magic is on.

Me: Death, that's the only answer for Maiden powers. But, you can learn how to use it. I'll teach you, as much as I can. So, will you join me?

I extend my hand, as my eyes flare with violet-like-flames, and the tent gets colder.

She extends her hand slowly, and shakes my hand.

Aelia: I'll... do it.

I smirk, as we continue chatting.
And after few minutes Gethin comes in with Dust Crystals.