Ch.39 [ Sliver of Hope ]

///

*Clang... Clang... Clang!* *Clang... Clang... Clang!* *Clang... Clang... Clang!*

Sounds of someone hammering.

The Blacksmith who keeps hammering at something, seems to appear mechanical in nature, bearing an almost robotic skeletal appearance. Their eye sockets look to be hollow, and their head is made up of several segmented metallic plates. In back of their exposed spine is a contorted wooden trunk that branches outward to resemble a tree. They are also rather tall. Being as tall as the one who is laid on the glassy floor near it.

The Blacksmith also shows to be somewhat, Feminine in nature. She wears a leather apron tied behind the neck and cinched with a belt buckle around the waist, a pair of large gloves, and a blue bandana tied around her forehead from which a chain is draped similar to a braid.

/

'Wher.... Where... am I...?' Akira muttered under his nose, as his eyes lightly fluttered and stared at the void-like sky... But in middle of it, there was something... black? Pulling?

'Seems like you are awake, Child.' Robotic/Female voice resounded. And Akira instinctually through his strength picked himself quickly and his bloody was... ready? It didn't listen?

'No need, to be so aggravated Child. I am here... To Help you *Cough*...' She spoke as bit of metallic gray liquid left her mouth.

'Where am I?' Akira asked confused. He only saw a "Similar" Scene once, when Ashborn was toying with his life. 'This. Is the inside of Great Tree, in the Ever After... Somewhere, you shouldn't be... But those corpses, should.' She pointed below Akira, as he looked down... Every. Single. Corpse. Every single his kill. Beowolf, Human, Faunus. Hell, even inanimate objects eaten by his Semblance like that small patch of sand from Menagerie could be spotted somewhere in-between it.

'This is...' He stared as his eyes widened for mere moments. But calmed down shortly as he reminded himself. Power. That is why he killed.

' I can... struck a Deal with you. Remnant, and Ever After are being damage. Because of you, but we... We can strike a deal.' She calmly spoke, as around many glass cases with different weapons appeared, some empty. Some with a weapon.

'Deal? What are the Negatives?' Akira asked as he was looking around. Checking out different types of weapons.

' None. You won't loose anything... To be more precise, I could even give you Positive's from those corpses. Like you took in past, Semblances. Magic... And importantly. Truth. ' She spoke calmly, placing her hand as something rose from all corpses. Leaves pierced calmly through the glass floor. Each in different colour, With different "Aspect" around it.

' Loose? Not Lose? ' He asked as he poked the leaves.

' Loose... If you were to have this taken away completely, You would become loose. Losing strength in process... What I offer you, is Counter. I take back the souls, Separate their Semblances, or anything else unique to them. And grant it to you. For a small price. ' She spoke, unknowingly to Akira. He couldn't detect even a hint of lie. Or him being extorted... She seemed Genuine.

'Price?' He asked as she lightly clapped her hands and light appeared.

' Price... Law of Exchange. You pick a Semblance from the currently exchanged bodies. And depending, I'll grant it. You see, Ashborn. Isn't the only with this kind of power. ' She gave him a genuine smile. He hated it... no. Disliked it, something wasn't right.

' I don't even know half of Semblances of People I Killed. Ate. How would I know if they are useful? ' He retorted, as she picked one leaf. It was red in nature. With some sort of Silvery aspect around it.