𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈: 𝖭𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝖦𝗎𝗒

It didn't take much longer for Jesse and Mercedes to get to the neighborhood Jesse wanted to check out. The two of them got out of the truck and walked around to the back of it.

"Keep your eyes open and stay quiet. Don't need to draw any unwanted attention to ourselves." Jesse said as he handed one of the duffle bags to Mercedes.

The girl nodded slinging the bag over her shoulder. "Which house are we searching first?" She asked titling her head.

From what she could tell there was only five houses that seemed worth taking a look at. The others were practical destroyed, broken windows, broken doors and other damage.

Jesse toom a deep breath and looks over the houses. "That one." He pointed to a two story house with a large porch.

The two of them started walking towards it. "Now stay close to me. We'll check for walkers, then we'll part ways to search the house." Jesse told her as the two of them walk up onto the porch.

"Sound good." Mercedes hummed, running over to the door and standing against the wall to the side of it.

Jesse pulled out his gun and nodded for her to pull the door open. Mercedes nodded, reaching over and pulling the door open, luckily it wasn't locked.

Jesse flicked on his flashlight and cautiously walked into the house with his gun raised. He glanced around the seemingly untouched hallway before looking over his shoulder. "Come on in." He quietly whispered.

Mercedes pulled out her gun and kept it to her side as she walked into the house. Jesse begun to walk further into the home with her hot on his heels. The two of them both are ready case there is any danger.

After they checked for walkers they went their separate ways to gather supplies. They had only found one walker in the whole house, it was upstairs in the bathroom. Jesse warned Mercedes to still be careful case there was one they missed.

Mercedes wandered into the kitchen and begun to search one of the many cabinets. Her eyes landed on a can of baby food and she smiled. "Judith's running low." She mumbled to herself as she grabbed up the food and shoved it into her bag.

She moved onto one of the drawers by the sink. Inside are some knives and a few measuring cups. She thought back to last week when Carol mentioned something about needing some more cooking supplies so she grabbed up all the things she thought would be useful to the woman and put in her bag.

She turned towards the doorway when she started to hear heavy footsteps. Seconds later her father is standing there. "We should check one more before heading home. It'll be getting dark and we have a little ways to drive." He told her after glancing down at the watch on his wrist.

••••♪••••♪••••♪••••♪••••♪••••

Jesse and Mercedes rode in the truck, heading home. Jesse planned on getting another group together in a couple of weeks to go back to the neighborhood to search the rest of the houses.

"Do you think Daryl and the others are back already?" Mercedes suddenly asked looking away from her window. The sun was setting soon so she wondered if the others where back from the big spot run.

Jesse moved his head off of his hand that was propped up on the door. He shrugged. "Likely. It was an in and out trip." He glanced over at her. "Why?"

"Just wondering." Mercedes responded before looking back at her window to watch as the sun set.

••••♪••••♪••••♪••••♪••••♪••••

As soon as the father-daughter duo got back to the prison Glenn came over and started helping the. unload the new supplies.

"How'd y'all get on out there?" Jesse asked the younger man.

Glenn sighed, shaking his head. "Not good." He muttered tossing the duffle in his hands onto the ground. "We lost Zach."

Mercedes frowned walking around the truck. "Man, that sucks." She softly mumbled shaking her head.

"Yeah, Daryl is telling Beth right now. We just got back a few minutes before you two." Glenn explained crossing his arms.

"I'm gonna go check on her. Goodnight." Mercedes told the two men before heading into the prison.

When Mercedes reached her and Beth's cell she saw the blonde writing in her diary. Judging by the small frown on the girl's lips Mercedes guessed that Daryl had already been by and told her about Zach.

Beth looked up when she noticed that Mercedes entered the cell. "Hey, Merce." She quietly greeted, smiling a little.

Mercedes matched the girl's smile walking further into the cell and sitting down beside the older girl. "Uh... Glenn told me and dad about what happened. Are you okay?"

Beth stayed quiet causing Mercedes to get concerned. She went to say something but the blonde sighed. "It sucks that he's gone... But I'm used to it I guess."

"He was a nice guy, I liked him." Mercedes said scooting back on the bed and leaning up against the wall.

Beth nodded pulling her lips into a thin line. "Yeah, he was."

After a few minutes Mercedes got up and decided to get on her bunk. When she got up there she found a Barbie sitting on her pillow. A laugh left her throat and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, yeah. Daryl left that for you." Beth said a little confused.

Mercedes nodded. "yeah... I didn't think he'd actually do it." She said. "Can you put her in my bag?" She asked, holding the barbie over the edge of the bed.

"Sure." Beth said taking the doll and placing it inside of Mercedes backpack and zipping it up.

𝖤𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋
𝟦.𝟣𝟤.𝟤𝟥
𝟧:𝟢𝟪𝗉𝗆
𝟪𝟫𝟫𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌

𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢'𝚜 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔: 𝖠 𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝖻𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝖺 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝖨 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝖨 𝖽𝗂𝖽𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗌𝗈𝖽𝖾 𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋.