chapter thirty: barbedwire bat

Mercedes and Michelle were sitting at the table in the rv. Michelle was asleep with her head on the Warren girl's shoulder. Mercedes had her head on the window, looking out watching as they zoomed past dozens of trees.

Suddenly the rv came to a stop and Eugene approached the two girls. He nudged Michelle's shoulder.

"Hmm?" Michelle asked, opening her eyes. She and Mercedes looked up at the man.

"There's more of them." Eugene informed.

Mercedes leaned her head over far enough to see up to the front windshield and sure enough there was a whole lot a saviors ahead of them. Way more than earlier. "So... Are we going to turn around?" She asked.

"I think that would be the best option." Jesse nodded, glancing over at Rick. "Seeing as we're outnumbered."

The Grimes man nodded and looked at Abraham. "Alright go slow." He told the man and the rv slowly started to back away.

"How are we on gas?" Jesse asked, walking to the front of the rv.

"Half a tank. I pulled some more cans before we left."

————————————

As the sun went down the group decided to go along with Eugene's plan of allowing him to drive off in the rv to distract the saviors so the rest of then could carry Maggie to hilltop on foot. Carl, Mercedes, Michelle, Kane and Chloe walked ahead of the others to keep an eye out for walkers.

Since the sun was long gone it made things a lot harder but the group managed so far. Kane raised his crowbar as a walker stumbled out from behind a tree. Once close enough the boy bashed it's face.

A loud chilling whistle echoed throughout the woods. "Go! Go!" Rick shouted.

The group started to run. Carl's hand slipped into Mercedes, forcing her her to move a bit faster. Rick led them all out of  the woods and they were met with bright headlights. The saviors surrounded then all. There was no escaping... Not anymore.

"Good. You made it. Welcome to where you're going. We'll take your weapons now." A man said, approaching the Alexandrians.

"We can talk about it--"

"We're done talking. Time to listen." The man interrupted Rick as some guys walked up to take the groups weapons.

One of the men snatched away Mercedes' slingshot. He laughed. "Cute toy." He sneered before pocketing the slingshot.

Mercedes glared at him and Carl squezzed her hand slightly, making her look away from the man that took one of her favorite weapons.

"Okay. Let's get her down and get you all in your knees. Lots to cover."

Soon the group was all on their knees with Eugene. "Let's get the other ones. Right now. Dwight!" The man yelled.

Michelle clenched her fists and glared at the group. Dwight. He killed Denise. Dwight opened the back of a truck and the group was surprised to see Daryl, Rosita, Glenn and Michonne get brought out of it and placed on their knees too.

"Alright! We got a full boat. Let's meet the man." The savior cheered walking over to the rv and he pounded on the door.

Moments later a man in a leather jacket walked out, holding a baseball bat wrapped with barbedwire. Behind him was a teenage boy with his jacket hood covering identity.

"Pissing our pants yet?"

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃

5:25PM
11/1/23

The next two chapters will be way longer than this one... and sadder