chapter thirty-one:broken sobs

"Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close." The man spoke as he looked over the group, His laughter taunting them. "It's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon. Which one of you pricks is the leader?"

"It's thus one. He's the guy." A savior pointed at Rick.

The man walked over to Rick but the teenager stayed planted in his spot. "Hi. You're Rick, right. I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. Yes you are."

Mercedes tilted her head to get a better look at the man called Negan. She felt like she was seeing some sort of monster from an urban legend, “The NEGAN”

"You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So, even if you're stupid, which you very may well be, you cab understand it. You ready? Here goes. Pay attention." Negan swung his bat. "Give me your shit... Or I will kill you."

The man wore a sly smile as he walked down the row of Alexandrians. "Today was career day. We invested a lot so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me. That's you're job. Now, I know that is a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will."

Negan made his way back towards Rick. "You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But the word is out. You are not safe. Not even close. In fact, you are pegged, more pegged if you don't do what I want. And what I want is half your shit. And if that's to much, you can make, find, or steal more, and it'll even out sooner or later. This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. So, if someone knocks on your door... You let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us and we will knock it down. You understand?"

Rick stayed quiet and Negan bent down in front of him. "What? No answer?" He chuckled being met yet again with silence. "You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, now, did you?"

Negan shook his head. "I don't want to kill you people. Just want you to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole damn lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So, now... I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you."

Negan swung his bat around. "This-- this is Lucille, and she is awesome." He proceeded to wander around, trying to decide who to kill.

Michelle held her eyes shut as she shook slightly, hearing Negan go from taking about Maggie to something about Carl. She had no clue who was gonna die, but no matter who it was it was gonna hurt nonetheless.

"I simply cannot decide." Negan said, shaking his head. "Got any ideas, Bud?" He asked, looking towards the boy that followed him out of the rv.

The man scoffed seeing that he had his hood up. "I told you to quit with the damn hood." He grumbled, yanking the boy's hood down.

Mercedes stomach did a backflip seeing that the boy was Auggie. Chloe glanced over towards her brother, her eyes wide. Kane's jaw clenched and he glared at Auggie. He was pissed, more pissed than his sister had ever seen.

Auggie on the other hand couldn't bring himself to look at the friends he had made. Negan smiled pointing at him. "Everyone, this is my son, August. This is his first night on the job, so let's make it memorable. So, Auggie, which one of these pricks get to die tonight?"

Auggie cleared his throat and looked at the ground. Negan cocked a brow and scoffed. "Shoulda known... Well, it's a damn good thing I came up with my own idea." He said before saying Eenie, meenie, miney, mo, pointing at each person.

"It." Negan spoke, standing above Abraham. Michelle's eyes filled with tears and she shook her head. "Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eyes out and feed it to his father and then we'll start."

"You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that." Right before the bat met Abraham's head, Michelle saw him hold up a peace sign.

A broken sob fell from her chest as Negan bashed her father's head in. She melted to the ground, digging her fingernails into the gravel.

"Look at this! You guys, look at my dirty girl!" Negan cheered. His eyes fell onto Michelle. "Sweetheart... Lay your eyes on this." He put the bat in her face.

Michelle only cried harder and her lip trembled. "Oh, shit. Don't tell me I just killed your dad. That sucks. Just know he took one for the team. So take a damn look!" He screamed.

Suddenly Daryl attacked him. Dwight jumped into action. The man wanted to kill Daryl but Negan wasn't gonna have it.

"Now, I already told you people, first ones free. Then what'd I say? I said I would shut that shit down! No exceptions. Now, I don't know what kind of lying assholes you've been dealing with... But I'm a man of my word. First impressions are important. I need you to know me. So, back to it." He spun around and brought his bat down onto Glenn's head.

Maggie's sobs filled the air, and Mercedes bit down on her lip, tears rolled down her cheeks. She didn't know Abraham that well, but he was still apart of her family, a good man. Glenn on the other hand was somebody she knew since the night Atlanta fell.

It was dumb when she thought about it because she always thought that Glenn was one of those people that would be around forever. She didn't know why she thought that because no one was safe anymore.

Nobody.

11.1.23
9:57pm
1121words
end of chapter

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄