𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾: 𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀'𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝖻𝖾 𝗈𝗄𝖺𝗒

Later that night Carl and Mercedes went back to walking the halls. Only this time they have flashlights in their hands so they can see to get around the dark halls.

Carl glanced over at Mercedes. "Was Ross mad?" He asked looking back ahead of him.

Mercedes smiled shaking her head. "Nah, not to bad. He didn't even tell my dad when he got back a few hours ago."

Carl nodded "I don't think your dad would be mad if Ross told him."

Mercedes hummed. "Yeah. He's pretty cool. He'd probably just give me a stern talking to for not telling Ross I was leaving." She said as the two reach the end of the hall.

They turn around and walked back the way they came from. The two soon started to hear gunshots. They looked at each other and continue on down the hall.

"Carl? Merce?" Rick called out from the main hall. "Carl?"

Carl and Mercedes ran down the hall and turned the corner to see Rick pointing his flashlight at them.

"We heard gunshots." Carl spoke out of breath.

"I need your help." Rick said waving for the two to follow him. The two ran after him hearing the urgency in his voice.

The walkers were piling up on the fence again so Carl and Mercedes helped Rick place more wood logs to hold the fence up

"Think they're okay?" Carl asked hitting the hammer into the stick Mercedes is holding still for him as Rick holds the long wood piece up.

"If things were going bad, we would have heard more shots. Maggie and Jesse would have gotten us." Rick assured, letting go of the log.

He walked over to grab another one. "We have to do this. Let's do it."

Carl and Mercedes walked over to help Rick carry the log. "I got it." The man told the two.

"Let us help, Rick." Mercedes said as she and Carl lifted up on the log.

Ruck smiled at the two and he placed it where it needed to go. "Alright, set it down. Alright."

The fence rattled and the three looked at one of the other logs they had placed it started to bend and suddenly it snapped. Rick ran over and tries to hold the fence up but more wood started to snap.

"Run!" Rick yelled as the fence gave in.

Carl grabbed onto Mercedes hand and pulled her with him as he ran, Rick ran after them and the three of them run into the guard tower. The three of them then run out the other door that leads them to the loading docks.

They watched as the walkers piled up against the other fence. Carl looked up at Rick. "Dad, what do we do?" He asked.

"Maybe I could back the bus up against the fence." Rick said unsure.

"Will it hold?" Mercedes asked looking towards the walkers.

Rick looked over at her before looking back at the walkers. "Come on." He said pushing the two young teenagers in front of them.

They run over to the gun carts. "Pockets." Rick instructed handing two loaded magazines to each of them.

Mercedes shoved one into the back pocket of her jeans and the other one goes into the single pocket that she had on the front of her shirt. "Here." Rick said handing them both a automatic rifles and a magazine to put in it.

"Got it?" Rick asked.

"Yeah." Carl nodded.

Mercedes made sure the safety is off. She then nodded "yeah."

The three start to head back towards the fence. "All right, listen to me." Rick said looking at the two. "Magazine goes in here. Release is here. Make sure it latches." He showed the two and they nod.

"Pull back the operating rod and rounds speed up. Keep squeezing the trigger for rapid fire, okay?" Rick then stopped the two. He made sure they're both paying attention to him.

"You shoot or you run. Don't let 'em get close, okay?"

The two nodded, the fence then gave in and walkers start to come over.

The three started to open fire on the herd of walkers that are flooding in.

After a few minutes Mercedes gun clicked so she quickly changes out the magazine and continued to shoot.

The three backup as the walkers get closer. It's like a never ending cycle. They'll kill some and even more would replace them.

It seemed like forever before all the walkers were finally all down. The three started to go over all of the walkers and killing the brain on the ones that need it.

Mercedes used her crowbar to kill one of the walkers before moving onto the next one.

The three got to the last few walkers and killed them. They looked over when they heard a car pull up to the front gates. "Dad." Carl said looking back at his dad."Everything's gonna be okay." He told him before running towards the gate to open it.

Mercedes looked up at Rick and nodded. "He's right." She told him, walking over to the fence and she leaned her crowbar against it. "Daryl and the others are back with the meds and pretty soon we can all move on with our lives. It'll be okay." She smiled before running off to help Carl.

The next morning Mercedes walked outside where her dad is helping Michonne load up the dead walkers to take off to burn

Jesse slung a walker's arm onto the trailer before looking over at the girl. He smiled "hey." He said walking closer to her.

Mercedes smiled "hey, dad. You gonna be gone long?" She asked titling head.

Jesse shook his head. "Shouldn't be. What's up?" He asked scratching his chin.

"Maybe when you get back we can go back to that one neighborhood and get more things." Mercedes suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

The man smiled "sounds like a plan." He said wrapping his right arm around Mercedes' shoulder. He kissed the top of her head. "I'll see you later."

"Be careful." She told as Hershel walks over.

"You heading out?" He asked Michonne and Jesse.

"You want to come?" Michonne asked smiling a little.

"Hell, yeah." Hershel grinned.

Jesse chuckled "well, take my seat. I'll ride with the dead freaks." He said climbing into the trailer with the dead walkers.

Mercedes waved at the three. "Bye, be safe!" She yelled, rocking on her tiptoes.

"Always!" Michonne called out as she startedto drive away. Hershel waved before they got to far away from the girl.

Mercedes sighed putting her hands on her hips. She then headed back into the prison.

𝖤𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋
𝟧.𝟪.𝟤𝟥
𝟩:𝟥𝟦𝗉𝗆
𝟣𝟣𝟣𝟦𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌