chapter twenty-seven: stupid boyfriend

Apparently Rick and the others made a deal with some man named Gregory so he'd trade them some food. So, once again some of the adults left to go kill some group. They should be getting back home soon, though.

Mercedes, Chloe and Michelle were in Chloe's bedroom sitting on the bed gossiping. They had been hanging out all day so far.

Suddenly the three heard stomping heading down the hall. "Chloe! Your stupid boyfriend left you some stupid flowers!" Kane yelled, running into the room.

Chloe stopped mid sentence and a wide smile appeared on her face. "Mikey?!" She squealed jumping up. She ran over and took the flowers from her brother.

Kane rolled his eyes. "Do you have any other stupid boyfriends?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Didn't you hear? Chloe has become quite popular with the boys nowadays." Michelle joked with a smirk on her face.

"I mean, look at her. She's adorable!" Mercedes giggled and Chloe blushed.

Kane shook his head. "Girls are so fucking weird." He mumbled before turning to head out the door.

"Love you, too, Kay!" The three girls yelled in unison. The house scoffed and left the room.

"I kinda feel bad for him." Mercedes said with a laugh.

Chloe nodded as she sat back down on the bed. "Me too. My poor brother, always surrounded by girls because he only has like two guy friends."

Michelle laughed, leaning her chin into her palm. "Well, he had Mikey but... I can see how it can be weird for your best friend and sister to date."

"Eh... Mikey and Kane were never that close. If it weren't for Ron and Derek the two probably wouldn't have even hung out." Chloe shrugged.

Michelle hummed before looking down at her watch. A huff left her chest. "I gotta go." She said, standing up.

"Right." Mercedes nodded. "You're going out with Daryl, Ro and Denise."

The redhead nodded gathering her things. "Yep. I'll see you both when we get back."

"Be careful!" Chloe told her.

"Love you!" Michelle said over her shoulder as she walked out the door.

"Love you!" Mercedes and Chloe yelled back.

<•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••>

"Listen to Rosita." Abraham told his daughter as he took her bag from her and tossed it into the back of the truck.

Michelle rolled her eyes. "really? A couple weeks ago you told me I wasn't allowed to talk to her anymore." She said, slightly annoyed. Since her dad and Rosita split up things have been weird. Especially since she and her dad moved in with Sasha.

Abraham muttered a few curses, letting out an annoyed sigh. "Don't be a smartass. Just listen to her and Daryl."

"Yeah. Whatever." The sixteen year old muttered.

"She'll be fine." Rosita said, walking up behind the girl. She placed her hands on Michelle's shoulders. "She's not a little kid anymore, Abraham. She can take care of herself."

"This does not concern you." Abraham spat, glaring at Rosita.

Michelle sighed, she knew that if she didn't stop the two they'd probably end up arguing. She remembered the argument they had the day after they broke up. And of course it was about her.