𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘•𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄- missing guns

𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 the group met Negan. Once the group made it home, Rosita and Jesse moved Michelle into the Warren house, to share a room with Mercedes. The two thought it would be best for the time being. Mercedes tried her best to comfort the girl but there was nothing she could do or say, so she just settled for sitting in bed with her and silently reading comics to her.

The front door slammed shut downstairs when Kane sprinted into the house, without so much as knocking. "Merce! Mickey!" He yelled as he ran up the stairs and barged into Mercedes bedroom.

Mercedes looked up from the Wonder Woman comic she was reading to Michelle and she looked at Kane with furrowed brows. "Do you knock?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

Kane shook his head as he breathed heavily from all the running he just did. "Negan and his goons are here. Gabriel wanted me to make sure that everyone was aware of the “Maggie is dead” plan. He made her a grave and everything."

"Whatever." Michelle whispered, moving her head from Mercedes shoulder.

The Warren girl sighed and tossed her comic book down on the bed. "I really hate that guy." She muttered as she stood up.

"Maybe you can punch him in the face." Kane joked, gesturing for Mercedes to follow him.

Mercedes nodded and looked at Michelle. "If you leave the house go straight over to the Grimes', okay?" She told the girl only to be met with silence.

Kane cleared his throat. "Mercedes, come on." He huffed, nudging her arm.

The girl sent Michelle one last worried look before following Kane out of the room. The two made it downstairs and as they were walking out the door they heard a gunshot followed by the sound of glass breaking.

"What the hell was that?" Kane grumbled, and uneasy feeling bubbling up in his chest.

"Let's go." Mercedes mumbled, grabbing the boy's forearm and dragging him towards the sound.

The two reached the infirmary and could hear Juno growling inside. They shared a look before running inside. Their eyes widened upon seeing Carl and Chloe standing in front of some saviors with their guns raised, Juno stood in between the two, growling at the men with all her fur sticking straight up.

"What's going on here?" Mercedes asked, taking a step closer but Kane grabbed her wrist pulling her back. . . he didn't exactly want her getting herself killed for getting in the middle of something.

"They're taking all our meds." Chloe spat, glaring at the men.

Rick, Jesse and Negan ran in. Rick pushed past Mercedes and Kane to stand in front of the two. "Carl, Chloe, put the guns down."

"No. He's taking all of our medicine." Carl complained.

"They said only half our stuff." Chloe added with narrowed eyes.

Kane bit down on his lip. If Chloe doesn't get her ass shot by one of the saviors for being a complete dumbass, he was definitely gone a kick her ass. He was supposed to be the reckless dumbass of the family, not her.

"Of course." Negan chuckled, a smug smile on his face. "Oh-ha. . . Really, kids?"

Carl glared at the man. "You should go. Before you find out how dangerous we are."

"Well, pardon me, young man. Excuse the shit out of my goddamn French, but. . . did you just threaten me?" Negan asked.

Rick and Jesse shared a worried look as Negan continued to talk. "Look, I get threatening Davey here, but I can't have it. Not him, not me."

"Carl, Chloe, just put 'em down." Rick spoke, eyeing the two.

"Don't be rude, Rick. We are having a convention here." Negan scolded. "Now, boy. Where were we? Oh, yeah. Your giant, mansized balls. No threatening us. Listen, I like you, both of you, so, I don't want to go hard proving a point here. You don't want that. I said half your shit, and half is what I say it is. I'm serious. Do you want me to prove how serious, again?"

Chloe was the first to lower her gun, shaking her head. Mercedes slid her wrist out of Kane's hand and stepped closer to Carl. "It's not worth it." She softly said and Carl looked over at her to see the pleading look on her face.

He let out a sigh, lowering his gun before handing it to his dad. Negan turned to Rick and took the gun away from him. "You know, Rick, this whole thing reminds me that you have a lot of guns. There's all the guns you took from my outpost when you wasted all my people with a shit ton of your own guns, and people with a shit ton of your own guns, and I'm bettin' there's even more, which adds up to an absolute. . . ass load of guns, and as this little emotional outburst just made crystal clear. . . I can't allow that." He smiled. "They're all mine now. So, tell me, Rick—where are my guns?"

———————————

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 the infirmary while the others went to the armory. She intended to clean the place up a little. As she cleaned she discovered a lot of broken things, most all of it was ready for the trash seeing as there was no saving it. She sighed as she picked up what seemed to be the only bottle of medicine left. She flipped it over and read the label.

"Aspirin?" She mumbled, shaking her head. "At least it's something." She softly said as she placed the bottle on the shelf.

Someone cleared their throat and the Warren girl turned around. Her expression became sour and she held back an eyeroll. "What do you want?" She bitterly asked, crossing her arms.

Auggie scoffed, trying his best not to show his regret for everything that had happened. "You know anything about some missing guns?" He asked, raising a brow.

Mercedes' eyed widened and her heart pounded. She didn't know personally about any missing guns but she had an idea of who would. She cleared her throat and shook her head. "Sorry. . . I have no clue." She said and it was very clear she was lying.

Auggie's jaw clenched and he shook his head. "Alright. Thank you." He muttered before walking outside. He didn't really care that Mercedes was lying, his dad would he pissed if they don't find the guns but, he, himself didn't really give a damn about two missing guns.

———————————

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐑𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 Spencer's house. One night when he was wasted he told her about a “secret” compartment in the floor. She didn't really think much about it at the time since he was drunk. . . but now it seemed like she should've asked more about it all.

In the living room she found Rick standing, looking beyond stressed. "What are you doing here?" He asked with a tired sigh.

"I may know where the guns are." The girl said, walking over to the window. She got down on her knees by the vent on the floor. "Spencer told me about this, he was drunk. . . so I didn't take him serious." She explained, popping the vent up.

"Shit." She muttered as Rick joined her on the floor. "Here you go." She said pulling out a black bag that held the missing guns.

Rick clenched his jaw, looking at the guns. "You may have just saved Olivia's life." He told the girl.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

2.29.24
4:01𝐏𝐌
1246𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍

11:56𝐏𝐌
1.22.24

Sorry this took so long.