Chapter twenty-five: Auggie

A few weeks had passed since the wall had fallen. They have since then fixed the wall. Mercedes and Carl both are healing pretty well.

The Warren girl currently stood in the downstairs bathroom of her house. She had her shirt pulled up and she was attempting to rewrap her bandage. "Shit." She grumbled not being about to get it right enough.

"Mercedes! You home?" Chloe yelled walking into the house.

"Bathroom!" Mercedes yelled and she heard footsteps.

Seconds later Chloe stood in the open doorway. "Good morning, Sweetheart." She playfully said, blowing the girl a kiss.

"Hello, my love." Mercedes said, as she undone the loose bandage. "I need help."

Chloe laughed walking closer and taking the bandage from her. "Dr. Raleigh in the house." She joked as she started to wrap Mercedes wound.

"So, Mic and I found this place on the map that we can explore today." Mercedes informed the girl.

"Sweet. When do we leave?" Chloe asked finishing up.

"Later after Rick, my dad and Daryl leave." Mercedes answered, pulling her shirt back down.

"Great. That'll give me enough time to convince Kane to distract our dad's." Chloe said, shoving her hands into her pocket.

Mercedes laughed as they headed out of the bathroom together. "Good luck."

"I'll need it." Chloe sighed before heading out of the house.

"Mercedes, you hungry?" Ross yelled from the kitchen. "I'm making bacon and eggs."

Mercedes smiled widely. "Hell yeah!" She exclaimed while running into the kitchen.

"Someone is happy." Jesse smiled while taking a drink of coffee from his yellow mug.

Mercedes nodded as Ross handed her a plate full of bacon and eggs. "Ross is the best cook I know." She said as she sat down at the table. "Well, other than Uncle Toby."

Jesse looked down at his coffee and Mercedes frowned. "Sorry, dad."

Jesse shook his head. "No, don't be. It's just been a while since I've heard his name. He was your uncle. You're allowed to talk about him all you want."

Mercedes sighed. "Was? We don't know that he's dead, dad. He could still be out there somewhere."

Jesse sat his coffee down and stood up from his chair. "I've gotta go." He said before just walking away.

Ross walked over and took Jesse's seat. "Give him some space." He told the girl.

Mercedes nodded playing with a strip of bacon. "I didn't mean to bring Uncle Toby up... He's just been on my mind lately. I don't know why."

"Because your uncle Toby is cool as hell, that's why he's been on your mind." Ross told her.

She smiled. "I guess your right, that's a first."

"And you're being mean... Again." Ross laughed.

<••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••>

Michelle pulled her knife out of a walkers head before wiping the blade off on her jeans. The then ran to catch up with Mercedes and Chloe.

"The next walker, is mine." Chloe told the two with her arms crossed.

"Sure thing, Chlo." Mercedes nodded, fixing her backpack straps.