Well Deserved Rest (Robowski)

This takes place the night after WOTFI 2022.
Bob is still anxious from everything that happened in the Lawsuit Arc.

Rob's POV:

Geez, what a day. Thank the Lord we won. It felt so good to be free, and be able to stay with Bob. I was so worried. It was getting late and I needed to rest. So I headed to bed.

2 hours later.

My eyes jolted open and I yelped as I was startled by something small and soft touch my stick. I sat up and realised it was Bob. Bob recently got redesigned due to copyright and crap. He still looked as precious as ever. I looked at them, catching my breath. "Don't startle me like that please." I panted.

Bob fidgeted with his sleeves. He seemed to have left his swords at home. "I'm sorry." he muttered. "I can't sleep." I sighed. "Well, why did you wake me up?" I asked. Bob looked down in withdrawal.

"Because...I wanna be with you...you make me safe... especially due to what happened recently..." he whispered.

Things had been difficult for him recently. The whole lawsuit arc must've stressed him the heck out. Me, as well as all non Nintendo characters, died. Right in front of him. He saw me die. Makes sense he was upset. The other Nintendo characters told me that Bob had been crying most of the time while we were gone.

Bob looked back at me. I saw tears fill his eyes. "Oh god, he's starting to cry again." I thought to myself. I regretted bringing it up. I put my hand on his shoulder. "No no no, don't cry." I said to him. "You can stay with me. I'm fine with that."

I lied back down and Bob nuzzled me. I could've sworn I felt his body shiver a bit from fear of losing me again. I wiped his tears away. "You're safe now." I whispered quietly. "There's no need to cry." Bob nuzzled me more. He's so soft and fragile, and I hugged him gently.

"You're warm..." he sighed. I smiled and patted his hooded head. "You are too, Bob."

"Pet me..." I heard Bob mutter under their breath. "What was that, corn puff?" I asked. Yeah, I have nicknames for him. It's cute, ok?

Bob looked up at me and repeated himself. "Pet me..." I looked at him. "You want me to pet you?" I asked. He nodded with a smile and grabbed my arm.

I put my hand on his head and pet him gently. His cloak's texture was different due to the redesign, but in a good way.

"This feels nice." Bob sighed calmly as I gently grazed his cloak. He hugged me back, nuzzling my chest with his cheek. He put my hand inside his hood. I could feel the silkiness of Bob's fluffy hair underneath. Even though he got redesigned, his hair is still softer than ever! They pulled down their hood so I could stroke their hair more. I gently brushed his hair with my hand. Bob purred silently as I did this.

A few moments later, he slowly began to yawn, revealing his small, white fangs, before falling asleep in my arms. Gosh darn it, Bob! Why must you be so bloody darn cute?

I felt myself get tired too. "Rest well, love." I whispered, closing my eyes.